PDA

View Full Version : Question Rear Ash Tray

ScottyUK
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I don't know what's happened whilst I've been at work :aargh4: .... but the rear ash tray and the tab you lift to remove it are both on the floor. I can only imagine the six year old has push down/trod on it when open.

I can't see anything broken but I can't work out how the two parts go back together and then in the car.

Any chance of someone posting a picture of their removed ash tray? Does it have the flap/release mechanism on it?

Help :confused:

SunnyBard
07-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Any chance of someone posting a picture of their removed ash tray? Does it have the flap/release mechanism on it?

Yes the flap is joined to the tray, have you got the two cylindircal springs?

Sorry ICBA to scale/enhance the photos, but look at photos dated today in

http://adslpipe.co.uk/car/

ScottyUK
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Perfect pics.

Thank you so much.

I appear to just have the section of spring that joins the plastic. It seems I'll be buying a new part which no doubt will be the whole ash tray but at least it appears nothings damaged on the rear centre console.

Thanks again.

:)

Rb1231
09-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I know this doesn't help but at least it's on topic. My rear ashtray on the B8 avant is usually on the open position whenever I look (it only seems to need the lightest accidental tap and it comes open). However it only ever opens about a cm or so. I've tried pulling but I've always felt I'd break it if I forced it any further. How's the mechanism supposed to work? Is it a push open push close? In any case I think mine's duff!

ScottyUK
11-12-2011, 12:00 AM
It should be pull open push shut. Mine was very positive in and out before it for mullered.

20lbpaul
06-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi there. Just joined the forum after buying my first audi. My rear ashtray lid is missing and was wondering where is the best place for a new part. Checked out ebay but not brilliant results. I have an A4 2.0t fsi.The interior dash/door trim is aluminium coloured. Should i be looking for an ashftray lid the same colour or are they normally black. Thanks in advance for any help

ScottyUK
06-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I got mine from ebay and the seller is listing this one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-REAR-ASHTRAY-2008-2011-B8-GENUINE-/260972154730?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc3270f6a

I got mine for £12.50 delivered.

I've got my old one still and it seems to only be missing one spring. My plan is to put that one back in when I sell the car and then sell on the working ashtray. Am I bad?

NickH A4
06-03-2012, 03:35 PM
My plan is to put that one back in when I sell the car and then sell on the working ashtray. Am I bad?

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

20lbpaul
06-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Cheers Scotty you bad boy you!!!! ;-)

thescouselander
08-03-2012, 10:15 PM
This happened to me - the design is very fragile and seems to break easily. I attempted to put mine back together but worked out a little plastic tab had had snapped off. Had mine fixed under warrantee so not sure how much it costs to fix.