PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Weird ticking noise in the front passenger footwell

BW11
06-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Basically i'm new to this forum and a new Audi A4 owner but was hoping someone could help me. I have this annoying clicking noise coming from the front passenger footwell. It started about a week ago. When the heating fans are being used it starts clicking (like morse code) but as soon as I turn all the heating fans off it stops. I have put my head in the passenger footwell and can hear it around the glove box area. Its driving me mad!!!

If anyone knows what it is and if its expensive or easy to repair, any information would be greatly appreciated.

SebRogers
07-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Sounds like one of the heating / cooling flaps sticking. If you remove the glovebox (easy job - search on here or the B6 forum for how) you should be able to see the flaps operating as you change the heating controls. That way you should be able to find out which one is causing the problems. Depending on what's making it stick, you may even be able to free it up :)

HTH.