PDA

View Full Version : VW MK1V Remap.....

5times
23-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi

I've got a VW mk1V 90BHP Golf Tdi - I've heard that changing the injectors from a

Golf 110 GTDI and remapping can increase the BHP to 185!!!!

Can anyone confirm this??

If not whats the best way to increse the BHP as high as possible and the Torque.

Cheers :beerchug:

5Times

superchippedgol
23-07-2007, 09:22 PM
hi
hi mate yes its true but its 115 gttdi injectors and a 30bhp remap puts it up to 190bhp an induction kit puts an extra 7bhp has well

amz
24-07-2007, 07:54 AM
190bhp?! Shocking from a 90bhp to over double output. I've got a 115bhp GT TDi, so I am right to assume I should expect over 200bhp from it? How much damage would it cause to my pocket?

Eshrules
24-07-2007, 08:45 AM
hang on.....

you're trying to say you can transplant injectors from a VE engine to a PD?

im no expert.... but im sure thats wrong. i Also dont believe for a second that you can take a 90bhp VE engine to 190 with new injectors, remap and induction kit NOT POSSIBLE.

PD's are the best for remapping potential and even then, id struggle to get past 150 bhp on a remap with my 115 pd gt tdi.

another point, if you take a standard 115 gt tdi to 200bhp without uprating your clutch, flywheel, brakes,suspension, etc etc, you WILL tear your car apart, quite literally.

finally, induction kits very rarely add 7bhp, you'd be lucky to get 2/3 bhp increase, unless your talking FAI, but even then, a remap would have to take that into account.:Blush2:

Edwardo_TDI
24-07-2007, 09:37 PM
As far as I know the TDI 90 engine is quite different from the higher output engines, I can't imagine getting anywhere over 150bhp out of it. Not to mention the smaller turbo (I think I'm right...)

If you need to do too many mods, just get a new car!

superchippedgol
26-07-2007, 11:30 PM
hang on.....

you're trying to say you can transplant injectors from a VE engine to a PD?

im no expert.... but im sure thats wrong. i Also dont believe for a second that you can take a 90bhp VE engine to 190 with new injectors, remap and induction kit NOT POSSIBLE.

PD's are the best for remapping potential and even then, id struggle to get past 150 bhp on a remap with my 115 pd gt tdi.

another point, if you take a standard 115 gt tdi to 200bhp without uprating your clutch, flywheel, brakes,suspension, etc etc, you WILL tear your car apart, quite literally.

finally, induction kits very rarely add 7bhp, you'd be lucky to get 2/3 bhp increase, unless your talking FAI, but even then, a remap would have to take that into account.:Blush2:
just telling you what i know they dont call me super fast silly billy hilly for nothing :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh:

superchippedgol
26-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi

I've got a VW mk1V 90BHP Golf Tdi - I've heard that changing the injectors from a

Golf 110 GTDI and remapping can increase the BHP to 185!!!!

Can anyone confirm this??

If not whats the best way to increse the BHP as high as possible and the Torque.

Cheers :beerchug:

5Times
just telling you what i know they dont call me super fast silly billy hilly for nothing.........lfc are the best we have won it 5 yes thats 5 times king ste and robbies a GODDDDD:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::bi glaugh:

davey_boy
27-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I think at the very least you would have to think about a new clutch, the PD models are certainly the best for modding

5times
28-07-2007, 12:15 AM
just telling you what i know they dont call me super fast silly billy hilly for nothing.........lfc are the best we have won it 5 yes thats 5 times king ste and robbies a GODDDDD:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::bi glaugh:

Cheers superchip,

All sounds too good to be true - have you done the same mods then?

How much u reckon to get it near 190bhp?

P.s Steve Gerrard Gerrard he'll pass the ball 40 yard.......!

Cheers 5times