PDA

View Full Version : MMI Touch

len marriott
01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi was hoping someone could help, my question..Is the touch pad always in place on the centre console even if the car does not have the function. I have just bought a used A7 SE from an Audi dealer.. It has HDD based sat nav, the pad looks to be fitted on the console but does not work, no numbers show on it, although am sure I have seen them on once! The dealer is saying the touch pad is a separate option.. That does not seem to be the case to me, but not sure.

Architex_mA8tey
03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
If the car has either the tech pack or MMI Navigation plus option with the HDD, 8" screen then it will also have MMI Touch which provides the touchpad that you are talking about
This would normally be "lit" to show 6 channel selectors for radio stations but would change to show lit corners for touchpad input for certain other functions. If youve got the hard disk and the 8" screen then youve got MMI touch and the pad should light up as per the pic here
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15304&d=1322925325
So basically you will either have a panel with 6 radio station buttons showing on standard A7's but if you have a hard drive and MMI Navigation Plus then you will have MMI touch that will change as shown in the pic to enable further inputs. it sounds to me like there is a fault in the panel so it is not showing the lights behind for the radio stations. . .
The top picture below shows the standard buttons and the bottom one the MMI Touch
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15306&d=1322927989

Architex_mA8tey
03-12-2011, 04:57 PM
ive updated my post with more images - hope this helps!

len marriott
03-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. Since I posted the item have found that it does come on sometimes, normally when you first start the car and its all works but after a couple of minutes it goes off and that's that until you next start the car. So it's off to the dealers! !

gowster1
04-12-2011, 04:20 PM
it will be good to see what the dealer diagnoses on this

Architex_mA8tey
05-12-2011, 05:33 AM
well I don't have too much confidence in this dealer - if they don't know the answer to the question asked I wish they would go and find out instead of just "saying what they think" lol

len marriott
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Just a quick update - Dealer replaced complete touch pad and all now working ok !

gowster1
11-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi did the dealer say what was wrong and what could have happened to it

len marriott
11-01-2012, 07:26 PM
The actual touch pad had internal fault I was told. Its been over a week now and all seems ok.

Architex_mA8tey
12-01-2012, 10:05 PM
It's a shame they didn't know what the keypad looked like in the first place and tried to fob you off until you knew more than them though!! ;)