PDA

View Full Version : Abs Light!!!

mhurst
23-07-2007, 12:23 PM
My abs light on my Golf VR6 stays on after starting her up, But now and again it will go off as it should do. it is due for its MOT soon so i need to sort it out pronto! Any ideas into why this is happening????

thanks

mark,

rbaulcombe
23-07-2007, 02:30 PM
hi,
i have a similar problem, just had my mot done and my mechanic disconnected the light when he took it to the mot centre so it wouldn't fail.

he said that if the light is on it only switches off the abs and defaults to nromal brakes, so is not a safety concern.

v6dub
24-07-2007, 01:58 PM
It is really simple job to do. what happens is that the sensors get covered in break dust which makes them stop working, just change them with new ones. I think you get some from ebay for abour £5/6 each and about a 20 min job on each side.

rbaulcombe
24-07-2007, 11:01 PM
surely if it's just a case of the sensors being dirty couldn't you just clean then??:confused:

v6dub
25-07-2007, 08:30 AM
yeah you can just clean them but as they are old and you are down there with the wheel off why not replace them for the sake of £12 or so. but say you clean them and it still does not work and you have put everything back together, it is going to be a pain to do it all again.
:beerchug:

rbaulcombe
25-07-2007, 08:40 AM
yeah you can just clean them but as they are old and you are down there with the wheel off why not replace them for the sake of £12 or so. but say you clean them and it still does not work and you have put everything back together, it is going to be a pain to do it all again.
:beerchug:

Fair comment