PDA

View Full Version : brake problem

mark78
24-11-2011, 11:27 AM
When I press the brake pedal on my fabia sometimes it feels like the pedal is pushing back on me has anyone any idea wat could be causing this

VAGMAN54
26-11-2011, 07:20 PM
do you mean pulsing or going stiff ?any warning lights on ?

Crasher
26-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Sounds like the ABS is triggering and if you are just about coming to a halt when this happens it can be down to a dirty or low output wheel speed sensor. These do not register as a fault and working out which one is the problem has to be done using the live data output with a diagnostic computer and watching the wheel speed sensor readings and seeing which one drops out to 0 when the car is still moving. On this platform, which it shares with the 9N Polo, the front sensor ring is on the back of the wheel bearing and we are seeing an increasing number where the steel behind the magnetic ring has corroded and caused the ring to disintegrate and the only solution is a new wheel bearing and hub. The wheel bearing are quite tricky to install, I have had to deal with many peoples failed attempts where they do not have the lock ring support plate.

mark78
27-11-2011, 11:55 AM
cheers for the replys it doesnt seem like the abs kicking in its wen you press the brake when coming to a junction it seems like there is pressure pushing the pedal back towards you

Crasher
27-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Yes, that is how the ABS works...

mark78
28-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Anytime the ABS in my cars kick in they make like a shuddering sound and feel nothing like this but cheers anyway