PDA

View Full Version : Viezu Remap Success

Anarkistic
23-11-2011, 04:33 PM
For anyone considering this themselves:

Thanks to the top guys at Flashremapping, I got a Viezu performance remap done today on the Golf, (Mk5 1.9 TDI 105), and it's such a good improvement I can't recommend it enough to anyone with the same engine. It's putting out over 140bhp and 260Nm now, easily. For £265, absolute bargain in my eyes.

The power delivery is so much smoother, like a petrol car almost, rather than the 'lack of torque followed by a sudden burst as the turbo kicks in' that it used to perform like. But if you do give it a boot full, it's still got that massive turbo kick that we all love.

Even made the ESP light flicker when booting it in 3rd gear. Mmm, lovely torque goodness.

And apparently once I stop getting carried away with booting it all the time, the fuel economy will be about 10% better under normal driving. Seems I really do get to have my cake and eat it too.

By the way, I tried a Bluefin remap on it first, and it isn't even half as impressive a difference as this Viezu one. So if you've got my engine, don't bother with Bluefin, it's not worth £400+ at all.