PDA

View Full Version : A5 Sportback - average time to build

BAA
23-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I have ordered an A5 Sportback with many options specified, including Audi Exclusive paint colour.

Initially, I was informed that the build was scheduled for week 2 2012 but today I have received an email to inform me this has slipped to week 3 2012

I have asked for delivery to be in March 2012

Is it likely, from previous peoples experiences of how long builds normally take, that March is going to be achieved ?
i.e.
Can I afford to let the build week slip any further before I need to think about pushing the dealer for a confirmed build and delivery date.

tlionhart
24-11-2011, 05:12 PM
As this car is the new facelift its hard to say. The factory will be halting build on different versions of the car on a fortnightly bases to keep up with the demands. If it was the pre-facelift then the date shouldn't slip any further.
From experience, I have ordered a 09" and 61" from order and always got my cars a 'scary' week before. Thinking I was going to miss the new plate. I would say your car would be with you almost mid FEB at the very latest. The only thing that delayed my latest car (a5 coupe) was the company that delivers the cars to the dealership, were short of one lorry. Plus there was a bank holiday weekend. Meaning I couldn't take delivery of my car till the 3rd of SEPT. Was expecting it to have arrive just before the 1st. (dealer was going to put my car on priority as I didn't go for the facelift in the end)

Once you get a guaranteed build week the car doesn't take long to get built at all. At the moment the build week is only an 'estimate'. The longest wait of them all is the shipment! At least in the stage your in now you can 'alter your order'. So its something to keep you on your toes.
Given that your build week, is week 2/3, I would say delivery of a 12"plate will be achievable. Even that you have specified to the dealer you want the new plate they will do all they can to get it to you ontime once it arrives on their forecourt.

Also you may want to head over to A5oc.com/forums there should be other members on there that will be able to share experiences, not meant A5 owners on here. :(