PDA

View Full Version : White Smoke

shaba05uk
22-07-2007, 09:56 PM
:zx11:I HAVE A 2001 VW SHARAN 130 PD ENGINE AND IT IS GIVING OUT WHITE SMOKE & THE SMELL OF FUEL. I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM SINCE I GOT THE HEAD DONE AND REPACED THE TURBO AT THE SAME TIME. I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT IS THE TURBO BUT THIS IS THE SECOND BRAND NEW TURBO IV HAD FITTED IN ONE WEEK. :zx11:

Col
22-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Could be all manner of things.

What has previously happened to warrant having a new turbo etc?

It does quite obviously appear to be overfuelling, the trick is to find out why.

Can you get it read for faults, look in the vagcom subforum for someone who may be able to help.

shaba05uk
22-07-2007, 11:30 PM
:1zhelp:
When i got the head done and got car back from garage it had no power. So over the next few weeks it was in and out of garage to find out what was wrong. It was drivererbel just no power. At this point it was not smoking or buring fuel. I got told when it went onto a diagnostic that its all pointing to the turbo so i asked garage to take it off. When it was removed from the vehicle we found out that the finns were damaged and ther was a lot of play in the shaft. I decided to buy a new turbo and when it was fitted the vehicle started with the white smoke problem. The garage said it is the turbo leaking oil from the seals and the turbo had to come off againe. The turbo went back and was replaced for another new one and was told that the first one was faulty. Now iv had the second one fitted and the car is still smoking but this time it has the smell of fuel:mad:

cbrpaul
23-07-2007, 01:05 PM
is this garage a VW dealership or just a Joe bloggs car repair workshop ?

shaba05uk
12-09-2007, 11:12 PM
I have had it on machine and it comes up with no faults

adamss24
13-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Is the engine running ok, any misfires ? White smoke usually means that its has a blown head gasket and its burning coolant. But it could be overfueling because of coolant temp. meter (usually black smoke !) or a shot injector or low or no compression on one of the cylinders. Have the garage do a compression test or a leak down test.

shaba05uk
13-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Engine was running ok but head needed doing as it was building presure and loseing water. I have had the head done by a enginering firm near us and since then it been giving white smoke and burning fule. I have had a compression test done a few days ago and its been on coputer to see if it comes up with any faults but it is coming up fine.

Crasher
13-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Is it using water? Excessive fuel would be black smoke. Was the original head re-used or an exchange replacement?

shaba05uk
14-09-2007, 12:38 AM
The original hed was used and its not building any presure since i got the head done or using any. The smoke is white and smell is like unburnt fule.

Crasher
14-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Can you PM me the chassis number?