PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Headlight levelling

a6w
20-11-2011, 01:07 PM
the nearside headlamp levelling on my 2006 B7 is completley out after a pheasant strike!

There is no visible damage, but the adjuster cannot bring the dipped beam down enough.
The lamp holder seems to be free to move up and down too easily. Is it possible that something has popped out of place or am I going to have to replace the headlight!

Thanks

sanstorm999
20-11-2011, 01:28 PM
the nearside headlamp levelling on my 2006 B7 is completley out after a pheasant strike!

There is no visible damage, but the adjuster cannot bring the dipped beam down enough.
The lamp holder seems to be free to move up and down too easily. Is it possible that something has popped out of place or am I going to have to replace the headlight!

Thanks

Hello
Are your headlights halogen or Xenon. I am assuming Halogen because Xenon have powered auto headlamp adjustment.
The headlamp is held in place by three star bolts.
One Bolt on top that is easily visible, one at the rear which is accessible via a hole in the wing body work (on my car - Xenon). However, yours may be more accessible from the rear of the headlamp unit. And finally one at the side of the headlamp unit near the grill. This particular bolt screws in to a height adjuster stop-screw and may be the one that is damaged or unsecure.
To clairify the headlamp has moulded protrusions that (hook) on to the rear and front bolt carriers.
cheers
sanstorm999

Puresilk
21-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Mate an mot garage should sort you out and get the beam pattern correct!