PDA

View Full Version : b7 2.0 tdi panel filter

Bryden Leask
18-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Hello,
im thinkin of putting a performance panel filter on my 2007 a4 2.0 tdi 170 has anyone else done it?

There is bad stories of the pre oiled k&n clogging up the MAF?
Will the pipercross or the BMC do the same?

I know its doubtfull that it will help performnance but im wanting the fruitier induction noise more as anythin else, will it make any difference?

Cheers

sanstorm999
19-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi
I had the same thoughts, but was eventually too scared of mucking up the MAF sensor. I just read too many negative stories about the oil and foam based filters.
I may be wrong but based on my original research in to this all Foam and Cloth based filters use some sort of oil to catch the particles and require more frequent cleaning as a result. The more frequent cleaning was not a problem for me, but when I checked in to the filtering ability of these filters it turned out to be pretty woeful in comparison to the paper type and who knows what the long-term effects of the smaller particles passing through the filter would do to your engine.
Just my thoughts.....
Cheers
Sanstorm999

Alan G H
19-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Hello,
im thinkin of putting a performance panel filter on my 2007 a4 2.0 tdi 170 has anyone else done it?

There is bad stories of the pre oiled k&n clogging up the MAF?
Will the pipercross or the BMC do the same?

I know its doubtfull that it will help performnance but im wanting the fruitier induction noise more as anythin else, will it make any difference?

Cheers

Why make a quiet car noisy? Stick with the original filter. If you change the car, and have injector problems, you have given Audi an excuse to not do the repair free!

Puresilk
13-12-2011, 02:17 AM
I would only put a cone filter on a petrol car I wouldn't bother with the panel ones a complete waste and no gains IMO