PDA

View Full Version : Owner's hand book available as PDF?

KAM
14-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know if there is an online source for the A6 hand book as a PDF? I've tried Googling and searching without success but I may not be using the correct terms to find what I'm after.

Thanks.

nealeb
14-11-2011, 10:08 PM
I think I saw somewhere in another model's forum here that you could copy the handbook off the CD and read it on a PC (but mine's in the car at the moment and it's too dark outside to want to go and get it to test!). If, of course, you have the CD...

Actually, that might be true of the C6 but does the C7 have a CD owner's manual?

KAM
14-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the response.
Actually I don't have the CD or the car yet (about another 4 weeks wait!)
I'm enough of a Billy-no-mates I just wanted to stay in and read the hand book - how sad is that?!?

nealeb
15-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Are we allowed to start a Billy-no-mates club, or is that counter-intuitive? When I bought my current A6 the dealer lent me a copy of the manual from one of their demonstrators so I could read up in advance. Made his handover chat a bit pointless - I kept pointing out bits he'd missed:)

I would like a copy of the C7 manual too, come to think of it...

KAM
15-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Ha-ha - very good! I do like that - a Billy-no-mates club :)
We're all allowed to be members but we're not allowed to meet one another.

Unfortunately my car is a lease vehicle via Lex and the dealer they've chosen, while in the right general part of the country, would probably mean a round trip of 80 miles for me. Just to get a hand book.
It's certainly too late tonight but, who knows, tomorrow's another day and I just might feel desperate enough by then. :(

STEWY L
15-11-2011, 08:49 PM
the problem with cd's is that you just can't believe them to be correct
' Abraham Lincoln '

KAM
03-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Just an update ...

Spoke to the dealer.
"Sorry sir, you can't get these as PDFs"
"Oh, I'm really disappointed about that. I had a good search around the Audi website and ..."
"Oh yeah, it's dreadful isn't it?"
(At this point I gave up. I don't think it's that bad a website by any means, and if I were Audi I'd be appalled at this lack of loyalty from a dealer. By all means Mr Dealer, complain to Audi if you don't like their website and get something done about it, but do not diss them to the customer who is paying your wage.)

So I wrote an e-mail to Audi. Got an e-mail back within 24 hours. And the person who wrote it put his name on it, not just "Customer Service Dept" or similar. Top marks for that. Unfortunately he included the sentence "I regret I am unable to supply a PDF handbook as Audi UK do not store PDF copies of the handbooks." What does that mean?
I wrote back saying "You've not really given an explanation. You've just said 'I can't do it because I can't do it'. You do sales brochures as PDFs so the technology and the means of distribution isn't a problem. Why are you suppressing the handbook? Free the handbook!!" (That's really just a summary of it - I wasn't quite so blunt. Honest.) No reply to that one yet. But I think I'm now down in the Audi database as a nutter to be avoided at all costs.

But to top it all, the same day I got the "No we can't" e-mail from Audi, I also got a message saying my car's delivery date had slipped by a few weeks. Do you think the two are connected? Or am I just paranoid? :(

MFGF
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi,

This is something Scotty did with the handbook for his A4 B8. You could try a quick plea to find someone with the on-disk version of the handbook, and ask them nicely to do what Scotty did here, then post up the results somewhere:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?109594-B8-Owners-Manual-in-PDF-etc

My new car doesn't arrive until the end of April - if you can wait that long I will be happy to do this after then.

Cheers!

MF.

Edit: I am a muppet!! :o I have a 4g on test drive next week. If it comes with the handbook DVD I will grab a copy then. Fingers crossed!

Timothy Nathan
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I am equally sad. Mine is supposed to be coming sometime soon (they say that it has been built, awaiting delivery) and I would like to read the handbook. I do have some mates, and my name isn't William, but I just find with everything technological it works better if you RTFM before you use it.

So, if anyone:

Lives near me (Epsom) and would be willing to lend the manual for a few days, ditto with the disk or has found a source on the InternetI'd love to hear from them!

Timothy Nathan
06-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Well, that was easy. I called the dealer, he said "yes, of course, no problem" and ten minutes later it was in my hand!

KAM
08-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I guess my original problem lies in not being able to establish any kind of relationship with "the dealer". I've got my car as part of a company deal (I still pay handsomely in contributions and tax:( ) and my company sources everything through Lex on a lease. Lex then get the vehicles delivered through their very narrow selection of dealers. The first "my" dealer knew about me was probably when he was given a delivery address for the vehicle from Lex. I've never visited this dealer and I doubt if I ever will: there's a closer Audi dealer to me that I will probably use for servicing etc. But of course the first he'll know of me will be when I phone up to book the car's first service. The whole thing's conducted at arm's length so the opportunity for the little niceties of customer service just don't exist.
And as for getting any extras thrown in ...!! This is Lex we're talking about! Their approach to lease quotes with various different options was along the lines of: "Ah, yes, the list price of that option is £1200, so the change in monthly lease over 4 years will be 1200/48" What, so I end up purchasing that option, not actually leasing it? "Oh no sir, this is a lease. You hand it all back at the end." Yeah, but by that time I will have paid the full price of that option. "Well, sir, it is your choice."

Oh, and while I have read and re-read the hard-copy manual several times, I've never yet encountered the CD/DVD that other people have mentioned. Certainly wasn't present in the car I received.

Pausten
27-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi/ (How do I force line-breaks in this forum?), I too have an A6 on order, & like Timothy was taught to "RTFM" in a previous life: Honestly it is sooo frustrating sitting in the garage forecourt just after the salesman has handed over the new car, sitting reading the driver's handbook. Timothy when you say the handbook was in your hand was it a PDF one? - Watford Audi are about 1000KM from here, so its a bit difficult to "pop round"

Timothy Nathan
28-12-2012, 11:48 AM
As far as I know, the manual is not available as a PDF. Trees must die. Vorsprung durch Technik.