PDA

View Full Version : What colour is my Golf?!

poolio
18-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi,

This is probably a very dumb question, so forgive me, but how can I ascertain the exact colour (name and paint code) of my Mk3 Golf ('97 P reg, 5 door)?

I can't find this info anywhere in my documentation or on the car, and I need it in order to order a spare part.:1zhelp:

Thanks!
Poolio

Sam
19-05-2006, 04:33 PM
It should be in the owner's manual on the first page of the service section and look something like LA5Z, LP3G etc

If it's not there, check your spare wheel well or boot floor and there should again be another sticker there with amongst other details, a paint code.

Better yet, post a picture of your car, or describe its colour and someone will no doubt help you out.

poolio
19-05-2006, 11:06 PM
I read your posts about your Passat getting keyed... grrr!!! I've had both offiside doors keyed, all the way along the side. I was just curious how your story ended, did Chips Away sort it out and were you satisfied overall? I might consider using them, if they're capable of repairing such a big scratch. I had a quote of £400 to have it done at a garage.

Thanks,
Ant

Sam
22-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Ah, I never posted the follow-up did I - I'll do that now.

It was resolved to my liking, the finish was better than the rest of the car and I almost went for a respray. A few weeks of country-lane-driving brought the finish in line with the rest of the car and, touch wood, I've had no problems since.

I'd highly recommend ChipsAway - just get a quote and go from there. The guy said most scratches just polish out, the odd few need a bit of paint, mine needed 4 or so layers as it went to the bare metal.