PDA

View Full Version : A3 2.0Tdi 170- Starts Juddering mainly after Long Journeys

PhilW99
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Hello,
I have an Audi A3 2.0TDI 170 S-Line Sportback(March2009).
Generally all my journeys include Motorway or Dual Carriageway, so it's not all about Town driving and does get a good run).
In March the car basically broke down because of the DPF sensor being faulty (approx 34,000 miles).It was replaced and all seemed OK briefly.
Then in May it had a failed Cambelt Sensor which was changed along with the Cambelt.
The car is still not right (now 39,000 miles), the problem being the car gives similar symptoms to when the Cambelt sensor was faulty.
It intermittently runs rough, and feels underpowered, along with juddering.Also the engine doesn't quite sound right when it happens, but I can't quite explain how properly.
Sometimes it helps to pull over, switch off and then switch on to cure it. It doesn't seem to be in limp mode though as I experienced what that was like when the DPF Sensor went bad. But restarting it does seem to mostly reset the issue temporarily.
I have noticed it happens more often after a motorway cruise, but that's not a hard and fast rule.
I've recently made some trips following the same route (100 miles), and amazingly I have had the issue in more or less then same place!!
I've also had it happen on the return journey more than once, again within about a mile of each other.
This, as mentioned, is after a Motorway Journey, come off at the Junction, que in traffic lights etc, and not long after it runs rough.
Also, sometimes when it's in this state and I'm stationary, I can feel the occasional 'jump' in the engine tickover which it doesn't normally do.

If I'm honest, I really have lost confidence in it and dread what the next journey may bring.

I've seen some messages about Injectors, but I think this applies to earlier models?

I'm not very savvy with engines these days, but any idea what this might be (hopefully not expensive again)?

Cheers,