PDA

View Full Version : A4 (B8) Avant S-Line rear mudflaps

ianseath
11-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Does anyone out there have rear mudflaps fitted to A4 Avant S-Line (B8) 2011???
I know Audi do not recommend fitting them for some reason.
I have stone chips around the edge of the wheel arch which probably
would have been avoided with mudflaps.

Cheers
Ian

theskyfox
11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Ive got them fitted to the A4 S-Line B8 Saloon if thats any use? I dont think there is much difference at all between the Saloon/Avant at the wheelarch level. I specifically asked for Mudflaps as one of the "freebies" when buying the car. Officially they do not recommend them as they do not fit because of the bodykit. However, Southend Audi Modified the mudflaps to make them fit. Im not exactly sure how they did this..but I could probably attach a few photos if you so wish?

-Andrew

ianseath
11-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Pics would be useful.

IAn

113brucey
11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
just get them for avant do not tell them it a sline ??i bought mine for a4 not avant and not listed for sline the tech said order same year a4 b8 avant and the fit perfect front and rear the do not have any problems with bodykit

Sportwag
11-11-2011, 10:56 PM
The standard B8 mudflaps fit on the S-Line without any modification and it is the same part number for saloon and Avant. I have fitted the fronts as an experiment (no going back) and they hake a hell of a difference - car is cleaner and easier to keep clean. Haven't fitted the rears as I am not convinced they look right although the bottom edge and under the rear bumper is prone to chips. If I go ahead and fit the rears, it will hide this - just not sure they look right!

ianseath
14-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Pics anyone??

Ian

Sportwag
15-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Fitted the rears now too - if you have the right tools you don't need to take the wheels off either. Driven 130 miles (part of it wet) and the car has never stayed this clean before. Should have got them fitted on delivery - don't look as bad as I thought (quite good actually). My advice is get them on - reduce the amount of dirt sticking to the sills and rear bumper. Will try get some pics up when I get a chance.

113brucey
15-11-2011, 11:12 PM
yea i fitted front and rears on a4 b8 saloon and waz eazy did not take wheels of but in my mind i should ave done it from new?????keeps car mutch cleaner

ianseath
15-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Could someone please post pics showing fixing to underside of bumper as this requires a hole to be drilled.

Thanks Ian

Sportwag
16-01-2012, 12:54 AM
I didn't drill the hole as I wasn't sure if I was going to keep them on the car. They fit flush and are totally secure without it! As long as you line everything up correctly you don't need to drill the hole and fit the plastic rivet.

I should have had mud flaps fitted before the car left the showroom - Car stays cleaner for longer even in the wet.