PDA

View Full Version : Octavia passenger footwell water leak

baileyhilldog
22-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Since my '51' plate Octavia estate returned from its service, it has been leaking water into the front passenger footwell - this then overflows into the back. You can imaginewith the rain of the last few days, I have had to bail it out a few times. Enquiries at my local Skoda dealership suggested several possibilities, but depsite 3 of them sitting doing nothing, their only positive suggestion was that I booked it in to be looked at - this is not until 2 August and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and can suggest where to look to resolve it. I have already replaced a mssing blank for the windscreen wiper onthe nearside, but this was clearly not the problem. :1zhelp: For some reason the ingress of water seems to be less when the car is being driven, than when it is stationary!!!

When you pull down the trim below the glove box, there is water in this, indicating it is coming in somewhere higher up!

Red_Derek
24-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I had a similar problem with the offside front well. It turned out to be a poorly fitted replacement windscreen. This has been reseated and works fine

Huw Davies
29-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi Baileyhilldog,
I've got the same problem with my Skoda Superb, but I've only just realised it came from the front because it seem that it was just a phantom leak at the back! Talking to a friend of mine who owns an Octavia and has had a similar problem, the solution was blocked drain holes at the front where the water runs off the windscreen to under the bonnet. I'm going to try this solution first as it seems to be the cheaper option, then I'll move on to resealing the windscreen perhaps. Let me know how you get on.
Huw Davies

Johnskodam
16-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Since my '51' plate Octavia estate returned from its service, it has been leaking water into the front passenger footwell - this then overflows into the back. You can imaginewith the rain of the last few days, I have had to bail it out a few times. Enquiries at my local Skoda dealership suggested several possibilities, but depsite 3 of them sitting doing nothing, their only positive suggestion was that I booked it in to be looked at - this is not until 2 August and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and can suggest where to look to resolve it. I have already replaced a mssing blank for the windscreen wiper onthe nearside, but this was clearly not the problem. :1zhelp: For some reason the ingress of water seems to be less when the car is being driven, than when it is stationary!!!

When you pull down the trim below the glove box, there is water in this, indicating it is coming in somewhere higher up!
I have the same problem on a 53 octavia estate. Water ingress through engine compartment running down near the bonnet release and flooding the car footwell , then pooling up in the rear footwell. Have been back and fore to main dealer all summer without any joy, but I now know the problem. It only occurs when parked on steep hill. Looks like design copes with slope of 8 degrees, but no steeper. Needs a good down pour to get all foam in the dash soaked before it comes through. but once fully wet I can pour a cup of water on the windscreen then go inside and collect it as it runs through.

Dancake
23-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Did you have an air con service? Not sure if the Skoda suffers with it but I think water can come in if your pollen filter cover is not refitted properly?

Dancake
23-10-2007, 02:53 AM
Oops I have just realised how old this post is. Sorry; bored