PDA

View Full Version : 2000(V) Ibiza playing up, PLEASE help!

bestcara1
22-07-2007, 01:28 AM
:1zhelp: My wife has a 1.4S Ibiza, a few weeks ago the EPT light came on in the dash so I took it to my local garage who are usually excellent, they plugged in their diagnostic equipment and there were quite a few fault codes including O2 sensor, coolant temperature sensor, brake light switch and knock sensor, there was also found to be a split in the servo pipe so I have had all but the knock sensor replaced but the light has re-appeared :zx11: and the car sounds a bit clattery, more like a diesel to be honest, although I'm certain that there is nothing mechanically, ie. big ends etc., wrong with the car. My son used to have an older version of this car which was quite nippy but this one almost feels like it's in limp home mode!

I'm now about £300.00 down and I'm really hesitant at replacing the knock sensor at another £100.00 if it isn't, and my local garge don't appear convinced that it will, going to solve the problem.

If anyone has experienced anything similar I'd be eternally grateful for any input that you may have.

Cheers, Mike