PDA

View Full Version : Q7 Battery Drain issue - Help Please

wattsn
03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi there

We have an 11/06 ('07 model year) Q7. It is fitted with every single option available and hence why we still own it after almost 5 years. It has been, and is, a superb vehicle but starting to give problems. The latest issue is one of inconsistent battery drain problems.

We first noticed this issue when one morning the electric tailgate would unlock but not lift. We found we could only operate it when the car was started which immediately led us to suspect a battery issue. Indeed, on checking the battery meter it was at just 10%. This was after an overnight sat on the drive. In addition to the systems shutting down (tailgate, keyless, etc) occasionally we have noticed when the battery has drained that when you use the audio system you just get a massive booming from the sub and cannot listen. We have to turn the whole audio system off, wait a good hour or more and then turn back on and everything is OK. It has done this 2 or 3 times since the battery drain issue started, but not every time the battery has drained.

We continued with this problem, on and off, for about 3 weeks before the car was taken to our local franchised Audi dealer for battery checks. They came back and said under load the battery was not holding charge and so recommended we have a new battery fitted.

I declined, as the battery drain problem was intermittent and would go for 3 or 4 days with no drain and then in a matter of hours it would drain to 10% with many of the vehicles systems shut down (protection mode I guess). I started testing things myself by both checking the vehicle visually after switching off and leaving for a couple of hours and also by starting to pull fuses one by one. After a couple of weeks the best I could determine was the DSP amp causing the battery drain. Whenever I pulled the 30amp fuse (in the boot area) serving the DSP amp the battery was never drained by the following morning. So, off to the dealer it went again with this info.

After 2 days they surprisingly said the DSP amp was faulty. To be more precise, a control unit within the DSP amp was faulty and it would cost £1,000 to replace the amp. Ouch!

Whilst the dealer had interrogated the battery manager history they told me "it's all code and will take one of our technicians about 3 hours to decipher it" and therefore they determined the DSP as faulty by simply measuring the current drain on the battery with the DSP fuse inserted and then removed. Basically, with the fuse inserted the current draw was 5.16A but just 0.03A with it removed. I do not know how long the vehicle was left between tests etc.

So, to my questions.

1. How can I interpret the printouts they have given me, which include test outputs and battery history?
2. How can I be sure that it is indeed the DSP amp that is at fault?
3. Is there any way of getting the DSP amp control unit fixed rather than having to replace with new?
4. Who can offer a service to fix this at lower cost than a franchised dealer?
5. Any other help?

Many thanks

Neil

PS. I have a scan of the full printout (c. 25 pages) if anyone can help.

wattsn
21-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Ah well, as expected the ,coal Audi main dealer has no clue. We have just spent over a grand having the DSP amplifier changed as they said it was causing the battery drain. Had the car back a week and all seemed fine. Then today the battery drained in just 90 minutes. Dealer now trying to say that the battery is defective and needs replacing. When challenged re the replacement DSP amplifier they say that was also faulty and needed replacing. They seem to be making this up as they go along.

What they cannot answer is my question as to why the battery has been perfect for 8 days since the amp replacement and then today just decides to be faulty and drain. This is so frustrating.

Sportingmac
18-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Can you update us on any further action - this fault sounds familiar :(

basil65
04-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I used this forum to try and help solve my Q7 Battery Drain issue, but couldn't find a definative solution. I eventually found one and here it is: Firstly my Q7 is a 2007 3.0TDI S Line. What nobody told me, until I called the RAC out was that I needed an AGM battery, detail here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VRLA_battery. Basically as I understand it the car never "shuts down" completely when locked unless you have the AGM battery and therefore a drain will continue to happen. I had a new battery six months with a continual problem of battery drain, I changed it for a G14 Varta AGM Ultra Dynamic about 2 weeks ago and since then no problems. Not even my battery supplier let alone the Main Dealer knew about this, it is only thanks to the RAC I found out about this.

Hope this helps

misteralli
13-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I have an Audi Q7 3.0TDi Quattro S-Line on a 56 plate and have a battery drain issue. Car battery is fine during the day and charges up to 100% but when left idle either over night or during the day, the battery drains down as low as 10%. When the battery is down to 10% the auto tailgate doesnt open but once car is started then everythings fine including sound on MMI.

It's definately not the battery as RAC have come and checked the battery over confirming the battery is fine. Will the purchase of a G14 VARTA AGM Ultra Dynamic battery cure my problem ? Any idea what the problem might be?

I have a RAC warranty with a claim limit of £1000 as I only purchased the car 5 weeks ago but dread taking it to Audi dealers as I am certain that the cost will soon spiral.

Basil 65, your problem sounds similar to mine. Does the AGM battery seem to cure your problem and has it drained since.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

basil65
13-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Although your battery is showing as ok, unless it is an AGM battery it will drian when the car is switched off as the car cannot go into "sleep" mode. I had one RAC guy come out who told me my battery was fine, but the problem persisted. Then I got another RAC guy out a week or so later who told me about the AGM battery thing and this has now totally irradicated the problem.

Your issue may or may not be the same but you need to check that your battery is an AGm one, and if its not, it change it.

misteralli
13-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Similar to you, RAC came out and confirmed that the battery is not AGM but works and is fine and that the fault exists somewhere other than the battery.

Any recommendations on where to get the battery.

Thanks for all your help Basil65.

basil65
13-01-2012, 01:23 PM
best just to google it and there are many dealers online, just look for the best price and you can have one delivered. To fit, the passenger seat has to come out.

Sportingmac
13-01-2012, 01:43 PM
I changed my batttery - all issues now gone away. My problem was that I just wasn't going far enough - less than 3 miles per trip/twice daily - and over a period of about a year the battery was never being recharged enough - a downward spiral to a dead battery. Interesting the battery indicator was removed from the MMI by Audi since it will give spurious readings as the battery declines to failure - giving readings as you have seen - 100% one day 10% next. The car still started in my case - but sluggish on turnover. New battery resolved these issues.

As for AGM versus Gel versus normal lead acid - most cars these days specify AGM since they are sealed - in case of accidents etc. However - the RAC man is talking ******** I'm afraid - just google the battery university and get as much low-down as you need or feel the want for - there are many factors to consider when specifying batteries and their respective charge systems and rates etc.

You may find that your Q7 already has an AGM fitted - they are bloody expensive and for the Q7 very big and heavy.

aleem
31-01-2012, 08:36 PM
seems like a lot of Q7s with battery/power issues.

Sportingmac
31-01-2012, 09:20 PM
...that's because there is a lot of electronics that sit on standby - even with power control there is a constant drain on the battery - usually a run of 10 miles or more will recharge the overnight drain - but in winter that minimum distance will need to be increased - you only have to work out if a new battery every 4 years outweighs the need to drive further and further per journey.

But still a comfortable car.

a8 tech
31-01-2012, 09:29 PM
If considering fitting the incorrect battery type then please be aware of the reasons the battery has been designed for modern Audi vehicle's and its integral integration with battery management

Fit what you think but the system will never function as intended and there will be various networking and voltage issues if the manager can not be encoded as below

General description of J644 - Energy management control unit (= Energy Manager):

The Energy Manager is responsible for energy management in the vehicle. The Energy Manager is a user of the convenience system data bus. It has a purely monitoring function. If a vehicle will not start, the fault should be localised not in the Energy Manager, but in a faulty starter or such like.

Functions:
The Energy Manager
- monitors the energy balance of the vehicle
- monitors the SOC (State of Charge) of the battery
- intervenes in the energy balance of a started vehicle (engine on) with dynamic energy management (e.g. short-term disabling of seat heating in event of a negative energy balance).
- intervenes with non-load current management in a stopped vehicle (engine off), e.g. to shut off consumers such as the TV, in order to maintain the starting capability of the vehicle.

Measured value blocks:
The following measured value blocks contain information: 1 to 6, 10 and 11

Coding:
The Energy Manager contains a long code. The coding covers the battery capacitance, its manufacturer and serial number.

Control element tests:
There are two control element tests. In them, the specified alternator voltage can be preset to 15 V or 13.5 V. Measured value blocks 10 and 11 show the following results:
- Specified alternator voltage
- DF signal
- Communication OK./n.OK between alternator and Energy Manager
- Alternator OK / n.OK

Adaption:
In the Energy Manager, in adaption channel 1, the transport mode can be activated.
Adaption channel 2 displays the no-load current shut-off stage. The adaption value is always 99.

History data:
The history data includes a large amount of information on the vehicle electrical system (battery voltages, no-load currents, energy balances, etc.).

applcart
01-02-2012, 10:54 PM
A8tech,

Thank you for that ... Your post is very useful .. it describes my recent battery drain issues very well.

I have done of research through forum reading and various manuals.. also purchased full VCDS ..and feel I am very close to solvng this ...although have still have not figured out what coding is required for my new battery...
Autoscan errors:

Address 18: Aux. Heat Labels: None
2 Faults Found:
02072 - Control Module for Energy Management (J644)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
00003 - Control Module
014 - Defective

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 19: CAN Gateway Labels: 4L0-910-468.lbl
1 Fault Found:
01207 - Control Module for Auxiliary Heater (J364)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 209
Mileage: 53439 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2012.01.30
Time: 12:41:05
---------------------------------
I know it says 'Control Module Defective' but it works .... except it drains the battery overnight... and this ever since i replaced the battery.

I have encoded new part number and serial number (cannot change manufacturer to 'Bosch' as choice is not there) .. so I suspect a need a long coding or an adaptation, or display group... to fix this...

J644 : for information ....

Address 61: Battery Regul. Labels: 4F0-910-181.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 181 HW: 4L0 915 181
Component: J0644 BEM H12 0530
Revision: -------- Serial number: 00000000057776
Shop #: WSC xxxxx xxx xxxxx
VCID: E4CC5BD327401E3

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 000 915 105 DL
Component: von VA0 0296536083
Coding: 303030393135313035444C56413030323936353336303833
Shop #: WSC xxxxx xxx xxxxx

No fault code found.

Also. how do i get the battery history log ? . can i do this with VCDS ? I have looked at Measuring blocks .. and i know that Aux heater drains the battery, because if i pull it's fuse out, the battery is OK next day..

Any pointers ... hints.. would be greatly appreciated.....

.ApplC

a8 tech
01-02-2012, 11:11 PM
firstly can you run the optical test via vcds

known drains I have found since launch

dab radio

dsp amp

radio

all these are on the optical circuit hence the test will show any errors with these (hopefully)

as for history this is were you need vas pc and self study programs

i will find some values as i'm currently dealing with a 2007 bug q7 drain which has a dab issue and incorrect(bosh) battery installed (now the correct one varta 110 amp)

you should be able to turn aux of via mmi heater settings deselect auto or change the coding (i will double check)

post a full scan of address 18 including part number and software version

applcart
02-02-2012, 12:03 AM
A8tech :) upper case 8 on your keyboard is * (star) A*tech ... which is what you are !!

Here's address 18:

Part No SW: 4L0 910 105 HW: 4L0 815 071 C
Component: Heizgeraet H07 0060
Revision: 0000000E Serial number: 00000009011043
Coding: 0000002
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: E0C457C33358023

2 Faults Found:
00003 - Control Module
014 - Defective

--------------------------------------------------

Note : it's only the Aux heater that's draining the battery .I know that because when i pull its fuse out.. the battery does not drain.

Also, the heater works perfectly fine if i put the fuse back in... except for those errors, and overnight battery drain. .so i just pull the fuse out for now.. until i've fixed it.
I think its in the battery coding:using part number /serial number/manufacturer :

Mine is :
Shop #: WSC 00751 210 08354

Shop #: WSC 00011 888 06946

Thanks A8 ..

applcart
02-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi A8tech,

This is a post you wrote in 2007 .. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-21458.html?
Good write up too.

I suspect j644 Battery Management module got to deactivation Stage 5 : and the aux heater got taken offline... so I think I need to find out how to 'adapt' either the Battery Management module or the J364 Aux heater module, or both of them, to communicate to each other ..

a8 tech
02-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Looking at your fault it seems the aux heater is defective with no comms to battery manager however I would disconnect the control unit and then recheck for a drain as there are additional circuits on this system and as the aux heater is located in an area which may be prone to corrosion or damaged wiring then this will further your invest

mvb for battery manager

Measured value blocks in J644 - energy management control unit

The following measured values are displayed:

Measured value block 001:
Specified alternator voltage
Battery voltage
DF signal (Dynamic Field, figure as % of alternator excitation)
Load response time (between 0 and 9 seconds, default: 0 seconds)

Measured value block 002:
Temperature measurement, busbar
Temperature estimate, battery
Emergency shut-off (see 1)
No-load current shut-off stage (see 2)

1) Possible readouts:
Consumer shut-off 0 signifies consumer shut-off not active
Consumer shut-off 1 signifies consumer shut-off active
Partial consumer shut-off

K Note: The consumer shut-off can only be active, or partially active, at >engine on<.

2) Possible readouts:
No-load current shut-off stage 0 (=no no-load current shut-off stage active)
No-load current shut-off stage 1
No-load current shut-off stage 2
No-load current shut-off stage 3
No-load current shut-off stage 4
No-load current shut-off stage 5
No-load current shut-off stage 6

Measured value block 003:
Battery condition (in %), corresponding to readout on MMI Car menu
Internal resistance (of battery in mOhm)
Qv (figure in Ah for ageing of battery, max value = 65025 Ah)
Not relevant to Service

Measured value block 004:
Current from or into battery (-400A to +100A); positive current = alternator charging battery, negative current = battery delivering current = no battery charging by alternator!)
Mean no-load current (0.01 A ....1.00 A); mean value of all no-load current measurements
Overall energy balance (-10000 Ah to 55025 Ah)
Overall energy throughput (0 Ah to 65025 Ah)

Measured value block 005:
Mean no-load current of last standing time (standing time = time at engine off)
Mean total current of last standing time
Duration of last standing time
Duration of last driving time

Measured value block 006:
Duration of standing time at increased no-load current (no-load current is increased if current is above 20 mA)
Energy balance of last trip (-120 Ah to 120 Ah)
SOC (State of Charge) of battery
Vacant

Measured value block 010:
Specified alternator voltage
DF signal
Alternator/ J644- energy management control unit interface (OK / not OK)
Alternator (OK, not OK)

vw754
04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
My q7 3.0 tdi.........is draining the battery,its ok if i go to it 12/13 hours later but after that its flat !

Ive been told by audi i can charge it via points under the bonnet,which im doing now.........i have vcds how can i check if something is draining it or the batterys shot?

Audi replaced it in may 2011 so its not 2 years old yet

Like i said i have vcds,but dont know how test whats draining it etc........please help.

a8 tech
05-03-2013, 10:07 PM
you need to be a little bit more clued up than just connecting vcds mate

vw754
05-03-2013, 10:26 PM
help me out then,ive done dpf regens and stuff so i know a bit.
you need to be a little bit more clued up than just connecting vcds mate

vw754
22-03-2013, 10:40 AM
drove the car to work today,a stright road to work with a few stop/traffic,and 11 miles each way,i checked state of charge and it was 80% and battery condition was 100%........then i did a full scan and here are the results (tried to clear them they pop right back up)

Tuesday,19,March,2013,15:16:25:07342
VCDS Version: Release 11.11.5
Data version: 20121222

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chassis Type: 4L0
Scan: 01 02 03 05 07 08 09 0E 15 16 17 18 19 34 37 42 46 47 4F 52
55 56 61 62 67 6D 6F 72 76 77

VIN: WAUZZZ4L07D034266 Mileage: 139020km/86383miles

00-Steering Angle Sensor -- Status: OK 0000
01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
05-Acc/Start Auth. -- Status: OK 0000
07-Control Head -- Status: OK 0000
08-Auto HVAC -- Status: Malfunction 0010
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
0E-Media Player 1 -- Status: OK 0000
15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
18-Aux. Heat -- Status: Malfunction 0010
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
34-Level Control -- Status: OK 0000
37-Navigation -- Status: OK 0000
42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
46-Central Conv. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
47-Sound System -- Status: OK 0000
4F-Centr. Electr. II -- Status: OK 0000
52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
55-Xenon Range -- Status: OK 0000
56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
61-Battery Regul. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
67-Voice Control -- Status: OK 0000
6D-Trunk Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
6F-Centr. Conv. II -- Status: OK 0000
72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
76-Park Assist -- Status: Malfunction 0010
77-Telephone -- Status: OK 0000

Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 4L0 910 401 M HW: 4L0 907 401
Component: 3.0L V6TDI G000AG 0030
Revision: --H05--- Serial number:
Coding: 0011775
Shop #: WSC 06144 000 1048576
VCID: 2C5C11CB8F179978AD4

No fault code found.
Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 09D-927-750.lbl
Part No SW: 09D 927 750 FK HW: 09D 927 750 FK
Component: AL 750 6A 0940
Revision: 00H52000 Serial number:
Coding: 0000504
VCID: 7CFCE18B3FF7C9F87D4

No fault code found.

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 4L0-910-517.clb
Part No SW: 4L0 910 517 A HW: 4L0 614 517 A
Component: ESP ALLRAD MK25E1 0130
Revision: 00H21001
Coding: 0038033
VCID: 2854EDDB9BEFB55849C

No fault code found.

Address 05: Acc/Start Auth. Labels: 4F0-910-852.clb
Part No SW: 4F0 910 852 HW: 4F0 905 852 B
Component: FBSAUDIC6 ELV H31 0220
Revision: 31050601 Serial number: 10601000493662
Coding: 0000147
Shop #: WSC 00202 210 80978
VCID: E3CE3AF722499600DCE

Part No: 4F0 910 131 E
Component: FBSAUDIC6 EZS H45 0080

Part No: 4F0 910 220 D
Component: FBSAUDIC6 IDG H01 0040

No fault code found.

Address 07: Control Head Labels: 4L0-910-7xx-07-H.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 731 K HW: 4E0 035 729
Component: Interfacebox H43 4220
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 386GZ067515771
Coding: 0002002
VCID: 306405BBA33FFD9891C

Part No: 4L0 910 609
Component: E0380 BedienteilH01 0060

No fault code found.

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: None
Part No SW: 4L0 910 043 HW: 4L0 820 043 F
Component: KLIMABETAETIGUNGH05 0060
Revision: 00---012 Serial number: 00000000153176
Coding: 0298006
Shop #: WSC 00202 210 50776
VCID: E1C230FF38558410CE2

2 Faults Found:
00565 - Rear A/C Control Head (Climatronic) (E265)
Freeze Frame:
Reset counter: 191
Mileage: 139024 km
Date: 2013.03.19
Time: 15:10:01

Freeze Frame:
ON

01207 - Control Module for Auxiliary Heater (J364)
013 - Check DTC Memory
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101101
Reset counter: 191
Mileage: 139024 km
Time: 15:10:01

Freeze Frame:
ON

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 4F0-910-279.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 279 K HW: 4F0 907 279
Component: ILM Fahrer H17 0240
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 4F0907279
Coding: 0013121
VCID: 316200BFA835F4909E2

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4L2 910 113 Labels: 1KX-955-119.CLB
Component: Wischer AU716 H12 0100
Coding: 00022806
Shop #: WSC 31414

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 4E0 910 557 A Labels: 8K0-955-559.CLB
Component: REGENLICHTSENSORH13 0090
Coding: 00150059

No fault code found.

Address 0E: Media Player 1 Labels: 4E0-910-111.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 111 A HW: 4L0 035 111
Component: CD-Changer H41 0100
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: AUZ5ZBF3031364
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
VCID: 1E38CB03C9AB7BE8330

No fault code found.

Address 15: Airbags Labels: 4L0-910-655.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 655 B HW: 4L0 959 655
Component: 31 AIRBAG AUDI8RH38 0120
Revision: 05H38000 Serial number: 0037GD06EATC
Coding: 0013105

No fault code found.

Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 4F0-910-549.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 549 HW: 4F0 953 549 A
Component: Lenksäulenmodul H08 0230
Revision: 00H08000 Serial number: 90054061900297
Coding: 0102142
VCID: E6C823E3D17BE3283B0

Part No: XXXXXXXXXXX
Component: Lenkradmodul H07 0090

No fault code found.

Address 17: Instruments Labels: 4L0-910-xxx-17.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 930 C HW: 4L0 920 980 G
Component: KOMBIINSTR. M73 H17 0110
Revision: 00300000 Serial number: 5HJ38KC76
Coding: 2657443
VCID: 234EFAF7E2C956001CE

No fault code found.

VCID: E0C435FB335F8D18C1C

1 Fault Found:
00664 - Fuel gauge (http://www.shopzilla.co.uk/rd2?t=http%3A%2F%2Ftracking.searchmarketing.com%2F click.asp%3Faid%3D1400826799&mid=82447&catId=13671&atom=11433&prodId=&oid=4409938689&pos=1&bId=18&bidType=0&bAmt=aed9d734302ae0fa&cobrand=2&rf=af1&af_assettype_id=10&af_creative_id=6&af_id=11444)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

Part No SW: 4L0 910 468 HW: 4L0 907 468
Component: J533__Gateway H06 0040
Revision: 00H06000 Serial number: 0900B067198014
Coding: F55BBE7F307202
VCID: ECDC51CBCF97D9786D4

No fault code found.

Address 34: Level Control Labels: None
Part No SW: 4L0 910 553 B HW: 4L0 907 553
Component: LUFTFDR.-CDC H03 7550
Revision: --H03001 Serial number: 15.1528-0095.2
Coding: 0015510
VCID: 2952E8DF80E58C50562

No fault code found.

Address 37: Navigation Labels: 4E0-910-88x-37.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 887 Q HW: 4E0 919 887 D
Component: MNS ECE H48 0850
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 399GY067530247
VCID: 3B7E22977A790EC034E

No fault code found.

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 4L0-910-793-42.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 793 B HW: 4L0 959 793 B
Component: TSG FA H12 0130
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: gh,
Coding: 0002651
VCID: 2F6606C7BE01E260886

No fault code found.

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 4L0-910-289.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 289 D HW: 4L0 907 289 A
Component: Komfortgeraet H05 0020
Revision: 0020 --- Serial number: 01016072060000
Coding: 7348475

Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H03 1301

Part No: 4F0 910 177
Component: Innenraumueberw.H01 0020

1 Fault Found:
01699 - Motor for Central Locking; Hatch/Trunk (V53)
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 16
Reset counter: 189
Mileage: 138952 km
Date: 2013.03.14
Time: 18:08:08

Address 47: Sound System Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 4L0 910 223 B HW: 4L0 035 223
Component: DSP-AU716 H20 0100
Revision: 11S00001 Serial number: 01307060320074
Coding: 0000013

No fault code found.

Address 4F: Centr. Electr. II Labels: 4F0-910-280.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 280 HW: 4F0 907 280 E
Component: ILM Beifahrer H10 0080
Revision: Serial number: 00000000004784
Coding: 0011101
VCID: DEB80B03092BBBE8F30

No fault code found.

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 4L0-910-793-52.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 793 B HW: 4L0 959 792 B
Component: TSG BF H12 0130
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: uf

No fault code found.

Address 55: Xenon Range Labels: 4F0-910-357.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 357 F HW: 4F0 907 357 F
Component: AFS 1 H01 0020
Revision: 00000001 Serial number:
Coding: 0000022

Part No: 7L6 941 329 A
Component: AFS-Modul links H06 0002

Component: AFS-Modul rechtsH06 0002

No fault code found.

Address 56: Radio Labels: 4E0-910-541.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 541 Q HW: 4E0 035 541 P
Component: TUNER EU/US/RDW H42 0620
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 388GW067540507
Coding: 0000001
VCID: 2E581BC3B90BEB68830

No fault code found.

Revision: -------- Serial number: 00000000029522
Shop #: WSC 00551 210 86264
VCID: E4CC39EB27479138254

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 009 2S5 013 0
Component: von VA0 536079390A
Coding: 303039325335303133302056413035333630373933393041

1 Fault Found:
02256 - Quiescent Current
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100001
Fault Priority: 7
Reset counter: 229
Mileage: 138989 km
Time: 00:49:35

Address 62: Door, Rear Left Labels: 4L0-910-795.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 795 B HW: 4L0 959 795 B
Component: TSG HL H21 0050
Coding: 0002058

No fault code found.

Address 67: Voice Control Labels: 4E0-910-75x-67.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 754 S HW: 4E0 035 753 A
Component: SDS 3502 UK H45 0630
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000607050343
Shop #: WSC 12336 024 394758
VCID: 366833A3415BD3A8CB0

No fault code found.

Address 6D: Trunk Elect.
Cannot be reached

Address 6F: Centr. Conv. II Labels: 4L0-910-290.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 290 HW: 4L0 907 290
Component: ILM HINTEN 2 H05 0060
Revision: AAH05061 Serial number: 001845617-----
VCID: E5CA24EF2C7DE83032A

No fault code found.

Address 72: Door, Rear Right
Cannot be reached

Address 76: Park Assist
Cannot be reached

Address 77: Telephone
Cannot be reached

End ..

vw754
20-04-2013, 10:56 AM
ive had a new battery all coded,for around 2 months,bee brilliant,until today,after 2 days of car sitting in the drive i get these fault codes
2 Faults Found:
> 00565 - Rear A/C Control Head (Climatronic) (E265)
> 004 - No Signal/Communication

where is the fuse for auxilary heater??????? im sure its this that could be the cause,il pull the fuse and if it cures it,i wont bother putting it back in.

A8tech :) upper case 8 on your keyboard is * (star) A*tech ... which is what you are !!

Here's address 18:

2 Faults Found:
00003 - Control Module
014 - Defective

Note : it's only the Aux heater that's draining the battery .I know that because when i pull its fuse out.. the battery does not drain.

Also, the heater works perfectly fine if i put the fuse back in... except for those errors, and overnight battery drain. .so i just pull the fuse out for now.. until i've fixed it.
I think its in the battery coding:using part number /serial number/manufacturer :

Mine is :

Thanks A8 ..

Sportingmac
20-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I seem to recall that the Auxillary heater can be controlled from the MMI - sadly Q7 now gone else would have tested that theory out for you.

vw754
20-04-2013, 12:04 PM
il have a look into that,in the mean time,im sure someone will be here to advise me on which/wher the fuse is.....thanks for the help .
I seem to recall that the Auxillary heater can be controlled from the MMI - sadly Q7 now gone else would have tested that theory out for you.

vw754
13-05-2013, 10:58 AM
still got issue,battery down to 10% new battery,updated mmi,these faults i get

VCDS Version: Release 11.11.5
Data version: 20121222
Sunday,12,May,2013,21:36:14:07342
Chassis Type: 4L0
Scan: 01 02 03 05 07 08 09 0E 15 16 17 18 19 34 37 42 46 47 4F 52
55 56 61 62 67 6D 6F 72 76 77
VIN: WAUZZZ4L07D034266 Mileage: 140010km/86998miles
00-Steering Angle Sensor -- Status: OK 0000
01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
05-Acc/Start Auth. -- Status: OK 0000
07-Control Head -- Status: OK 0000
08-Auto HVAC -- Status: Malfunction 0010
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
0E-Media Player 1 -- Status: OK 0000
15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
18-Aux. Heat -- Status: OK 0000
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
34-Level Control -- Status: Malfunction 0010
37-Navigation -- Status: OK 0000
42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
46-Central Conv. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
47-Sound System -- Status: OK 0000
4F-Centr. Electr. II -- Status: OK 0000
52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
55-Xenon Range -- Status: OK 0000
56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
61-Battery Regul. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: OK 0000
67-Voice Control -- Status: OK 0000
6D-Trunk Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
6F-Centr. Conv. II -- Status: OK 0000
72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
76-Park Assist -- Status: OK 0000
77-Telephone -- Status: OK 0000

Address 01: Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 4L0 910 401 M HW: 4L0 907 401
Component: 3.0L V6TDI G000AG 0030
Revision: --H05--- Serial number:
Coding: 0011775
No fault code found.
Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0
Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 09D-927-750.lbl
Part No SW: 09D 927 750 FK HW: 09D 927 750 FK
Component: AL 750 6A 0940
Revision: 00H52000 Serial number:
Coding: 0000504
VCID: 7CFCE18B3FF7C9F87D4
No fault code found.
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 4L0-910-517.clb
Part No SW: 4L0 910 517 A HW: 4L0 614 517 A
Component: ESP ALLRAD MK25E1 0130
Revision: 00H21001
Coding: 0038033
No fault code found.
Address 05: Acc/Start Auth. Labels: 4F0-910-852.clb
Part No SW: 4F0 910 852 HW: 4F0 905 852 B
Component: FBSAUDIC6 ELV H31 0220
Revision: 31050601 Serial number: 10601000493662
Coding: 0000147
VCID: E3CE3AF722499600DCE
Part No: 4F0 910 131 E
Component: FBSAUDIC6 EZS H45 0080
Part No: 4F0 910 220 D
Component: FBSAUDIC6 IDG H01 0040
No fault code found.
Address 07: Control Head Labels: 4L0-910-7xx-07-H.lbl
Part No SW: 4L1 910 732 G HW: 4E0 035 729
Component: Interfacebox H43 5570
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 386GZ067515771
Coding: 0002002
VCID: 2E581BC3B90BEB68830
Part No: 4L0 910 609
Component: E0380 BedienteilH01 0060
No fault code found.
Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: None
Part No SW: 4L0 910 043 HW: 4L0 820 043 F
Component: KLIMABETAETIGUNGH05 0060
Revision: 00---012 Serial number: 00000000153176
Coding: 0298006
Shop #: WSC 00202 210 50776
VCID: E1C230FF38558410CE2
1 Fault Found:
00565 - Rear A/C Control Head (Climatronic) (E265)
Freeze Frame:
Reset counter: 25
Mileage: 139997 km
Date: 2013.05.10
Time: 17:10:50
Freeze Frame:
ON

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 4F0-910-279.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 279 K HW: 4F0 907 279
Component: ILM Fahrer H17 0240
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 4F0907279
Coding: 0013121
Subsystem 1 - Part No: 4L2 910 113 Labels: 1KX-955-119.CLB
Component: Wischer AU716 H12 0100
Coding: 00022806
Subsystem 2 - Part No: 4E0 910 557 A Labels: 8K0-955-559.CLB
Component: REGENLICHTSENSORH13 0090
Coding: 00150059
2 Faults Found:
02745 - Bulb for Daytime Running Light; Left
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101011
Reset counter: 27
Mileage: 139996 km
Date: 2013.05.10
Time: 17:10:00
02746 - Bulb for Daytime Running Light; Right
011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101011
Reset counter: 67
Mileage: 140008 km
Date: 2013.05.12
Time: 21:08:00

Address 0E: Media Player 1 Labels: 4E0-910-111.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 111 A HW: 4L0 035 111
Component: CD-Changer H41 0100
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: AUZ5ZBF3031364
VCID: 1E38CB03C9AB7BE8330
No fault code found.
Address 15: Airbags Labels: 4L0-910-655.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 655 B HW: 4L0 959 655
Component: 31 AIRBAG AUDI8RH38 0120
Revision: 05H38000 Serial number: 0037GD06EATC
Coding: 0013105
No fault code found.
Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 4F0-910-549.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 549 HW: 4F0 953 549 A
Component: Lenksäulenmodul H08 0230
Revision: 00H08000 Serial number: 90054061900297
Coding: 0102142
VCID: E6C823E3D17BE3283B0
Part No: XXXXXXXXXXX
Component: Lenkradmodul H07 0090
No fault code found.
Address 17: Instruments Labels: 4L0-910-xxx-17.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 930 C HW: 4L0 920 980 G
Component: KOMBIINSTR. M73 H17 0110
Revision: 00300000 Serial number: 5HJ38KC76
Coding: 2657443
No fault code found.
VCID: E0C435FB335F8D18C1C
No fault code found.
Part No SW: 4L0 910 468 HW: 4L0 907 468
Component: J533__Gateway H06 0040
Revision: 00H06000 Serial number: 0900B067198014
Coding: F55BBE7F307202
No fault code found.
Address 34: Level Control Labels: None
Part No SW: 4L0 910 553 B HW: 4L0 907 553
Component: LUFTFDR.-CDC H03 7550
Revision: --H03001 Serial number: 15.1528-0095.2
Coding: 0015510
1 Fault Found:
00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100010
Fault Priority: 4
Mileage: 140011 km
Time: 21:08:52
Freeze Frame:
Error Code: 13

Address 37: Navigation Labels: 4E0-910-88x-37.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 888 P HW: 4E0 919 887 D
Component: MNS ECE H48 1060
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 399GY067530247
VCID: 3B7E22977A790EC034E
No fault code found.
Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 4L0-910-793-42.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 793 B HW: 4L0 959 793 B
Component: TSG FA H12 0130
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: gh‚
No fault code found.
Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 4L0-910-289.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 289 D HW: 4L0 907 289 A
Component: Komfortgeraet H05 0020
Revision: 0020 --- Serial number: 01016072060000
Coding: 7348475
Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
Component: LIN BACKUP HORN H03 1301
Part No: 4F0 910 177
Component: Innenraumueberw.H01 0020
1 Fault Found:
01699 - Motor for Central Locking; Hatch/Trunk (V53)
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 109
Reset counter: 25
Mileage: 139057 km
Date: 2013.03.26
Time: 11:22:20

Address 47: Sound System Labels: Redir Fail!
Part No SW: 4L0 910 223 B HW: 4L0 035 223
Component: DSP-AU716 H20 0100
Revision: 11S00001 Serial number: 01307060320074
Coding: 0000013
No fault code found.
Address 4F: Centr. Electr. II Labels: 4F0-910-280.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 280 HW: 4F0 907 280 E
Component: ILM Beifahrer H10 0080
Revision: Serial number: 00000000004784
Coding: 0011101
VCID: DEB80B03092BBBE8F30
No fault code found.
Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 4L0-910-793-52.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 793 B HW: 4L0 959 792 B
Component: TSG BF H12 0130
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: uƒ
No fault code found.
Address 55: Xenon Range Labels: 4F0-910-357.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 357 F HW: 4F0 907 357 F
Component: AFS 1 H01 0020
Revision: 00000001 Serial number:
Coding: 0000022
Component: AFS-Modul links H06 0002
Component: AFS-Modul rechtsH06 0002
No fault code found.
Address 56: Radio Labels: 4E0-910-541.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 541 T HW: 4E0 035 541 P
Component: TUNER EU/US/RDW H42 0630
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 388GW067540507
No fault code found.
Revision: -------- Serial number: 00000000029522
VCID: E4CC39EB27479138254
Subsystem 1 - Part No: 009 2S5 013 0
Component: von VA0 536079390A
Coding: 303039325335303133302056413035333630373933393041
2 Faults Found:
02256 - Quiescent Current
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100001
Fault Frequency: 2
Mileage: 140002 km
Date: 2013.05.11
Time: 00:57:10
03041 - Energy Management Active
000 - - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Mileage: 140011 km
Time: 21:04:59

Address 62: Door, Rear Left Labels: 4L0-910-795.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 795 B HW: 4L0 959 795 B
Component: TSG HL H21 0050
No fault code found.
Address 67: Voice Control Labels: 4E0-910-75x-67.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 754 S HW: 4E0 035 753 A
Component: SDS 3502 UK H45 0630
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000607050343
Shop #: WSC 12336 024 394758
VCID: 366833A3415BD3A8CB0
No fault code found.
Address 6D: Trunk Elect. Labels: None
Part No SW: 4L0 910 945 HW: 4L0 827 851 A
Component: ValeoHeckdeckel H20 0280
Revision: --H20001 Serial number: E5030000B
Shop #: WSC 98765 666 38354
Part No: 4L0 910 946
Component: ValeoHeckdeckel H20 0280
No fault code found.
Address 6F: Centr. Conv. II Labels: 4L0-910-290.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 290 HW: 4L0 907 290
Component: ILM HINTEN 2 H05 0060
Revision: AAH05061 Serial number: 001845617-----
VCID: E5CA24EF2C7DE83032A
No fault code found.
Address 72: Door, Rear Right Labels: 4L0-910-795.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 795 B HW: 4L0 959 794 B
Component: TSG HR H21 0050
No fault code found.
Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 4Fx-910-283.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 283 G HW: 4F0 919 283 G
Component: Parkhilfe 8-Kan H12 0060
Revision: 00H12000 Serial number: 06320618801916
Coding: 0201146
No fault code found.
Address 77: Telephone Labels: 4E0-910-336.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 336 M HW: 4E0 862 335
Component: Handyvorb2 H13 1130
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000000000000
Coding: 0010900
No fault code found.
End ---------------------------------------------------------------------

ksw1monk
16-11-2014, 04:31 PM
seems like a lot of Q7s with battery/power issues.

I had the same issues with my 07 Q7,

For me it was the door handles (keyless entry), all four handles had 'short to ground' and the drivers was also accompanied by an 'open circuit'
The issue is that the car was staying in a state of readiness due to one or all of the door handles not allowing the car to 'sleep', the other problem this caused was that the battery managment module was not active and allowing the short to ground handles to drain the battery,

I could spend £600 on 4 new handles and then have them sprayed but I decided to just remove each handle in turn (this is relitively simple and doesn't require door card removal) and cut each wire in turn so as not to short any of them and then make them safe with pvc tape, 3 wires are present a green, black and red. thre is a plug connection within the door so don't worry about cutting the wires, you can still add new handles as you wish.

As soon as I did this the battery management started working and the warning on the dash was present, this had been missing previously.

I put the door handles back in and charged the battery for a short time, the battery which had gone flat on many occasions due to this issue has now fully recovered and its 'State of charge' is at a full 100%

The car still opens without having to use the key fob, just pull the handle and the car unlocks,

I have decided just to replace the drivers door handle to maintain the keyless convienience feature, the old handle can be dissasembled to a degree to allow use of the painted sections.

so after months of research and flat battery issue the answer was obvious from the start, if you have any issue with any one of your handles then its a pretty sure bet its the culprit.

Dave

homevn176
17-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Dear Applcart,
Did you fix it yet? how to fix it?
THANKS

homevn176
17-06-2015, 10:55 AM
DEAR Applcart,
Did you fixed it yet?
How to do?
thanks

homevn176
17-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Dear applcart,
Did you fixed it yet?
how to do?
Thanks

Here's address 18:

2 Faults Found:
00003 - Control Module
014 - Defective

Mine is :

Thanks A8 ..

homevn176
26-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Dear vw754,
Did you fix your car yet?
Could you please tell me how to do?
My car had a problem like your car, my dealer can't fix it so now it's still in my home.
Thanks & Best Regards for your information

KQ7
11-02-2016, 01:37 AM
Im having the same issue in my 2009 q7, stuck in a carpark now waiting for it to turn on. Had a major service done recently with no issues except a faulty dpf sensor which we changed. After trying to start it theres a whurring noise in mid left, then it turns off after a few minutes.

Sportingmac
11-02-2016, 11:06 AM
I had several 'symptoms' that were cured when I changed the battery. Not cheap since the battery has to be coded in to the system - else things don't work. Interesting my '13 plate battery isn't holding a charge too well at the mo. Put it on battery charger for 24 hours all OK - then check a day later - 20%. There must be a lot of drain on the battery - or it's buggered - again.