PDA

View Full Version : Question Engine temperature erratic! 130TDI

sherlockuk
01-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Hello everyone! Been a while since I have been on here... I have just taken the Passat back off of the Wife as I have lost my company car. Well shall we say as soon as I got back behind the wheel I noticed several things that were not quite as they should be. Like a rushing air sound from the engine bay (Split turbo hose), rattling like broken suspension (broken A/C drier bracket, it had totally rusted away!!). And also the engine temperature seems to be erratic now. It always used to be spot on the mid point on the dial, now it wavers around between the mid point and the mark below (80 - 90?) Should I be wary that the viscous coupling is on its way out?? Or could there be another cause.

Thanks in advance.:Blush:

Tom.

Crasher
02-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Coolant temp sender.

sherlockuk
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Coolant temp sender.

Thanks. Simple enough I suppose. You don't happen to know exactly where it is located on the block do you?

Tom.

Peter_HMR
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
At the back of the engine close to the firewall, its a G62 4 pin sensor. There is a new and an old, the new is green when replacing also replace the o ring and its no harm to buy the retaining clip in case it breaks however this is unlikely. You'll need some G12 coolant to top it up no harm to have some extra around coming up to winter.