PDA

View Full Version : Service Costs

Manchester Buck
30-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I have put down a deposit on an 170 Sline Avant this weekend, swapping in a VW Scirocco due to the arrival of a baby later in the year.

I was going to be pay for the balance of the car in cash but the dealer has suggested that it may be worth taking finance to take advantage of the free 2 year servicing offer.

The finance charge will be £420. I'm trying to find out how much the first 2 services are likely to cost so that i can decide if it is realy worth taking out the finance. I suspect that there is not much in it and that i would be better off paying for the car in cash

Any idea what 2 year servicing costs are likely to be?

Thanks for your help

ScottyUK
30-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Surely the finance charge is only the start of it. Don't you then have to pay interest on the loan?

rd1
30-10-2011, 07:53 PM
You don't say how old the car is or which service is due and whether the service offer includes the air con clean and filters and or brake fluid change etc if they are due. All of this affects the cost of the service but if you post the details then we could give you the cost of the yearly service or you could look on the fixed service schedule on the Audi site and compare. My saloon over three years from new with annual service and brake/air con came to just under the £750. Hope that helps.

Manchester Buck
30-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your help guys.

The car was registered in Feb 11 and the dealer has informed me that the car will need servicing every 12 months under the Time and Distance servicing schedule. As far as i am aware the offer includes filters etc but i will check this out. Thanks again