PDA

View Full Version : Fuse location info?

bertj
27-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Has anyone got a chart or list of the fuses and their locations on a b7? This information was always present in the handbook on my previous VW's. It was also shown on a card inside the fuse box cover (on the right of the fascia).
Quote from handbook:
'At the time of print we are unable to provide an up-to-date overview of the locations of the fuses.......'
I'd be grateful for any info.

Crasher
27-10-2011, 03:55 PM
It varies according to spec. Which fuse are you looking for?

bertj
28-10-2011, 04:57 PM
It varies according to spec. Which fuse are you looking for?
Thanks for your reply.
No particular fuse; I just like to know what's what! My wife's Golf handbook has five pages of information about fuses in contrast to the new Passat.

Tradewind25
03-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Let me echo Bertj's sentiments. Seems like vitally useful info to me.
Anyone else got any ideas where a fuse chart can be found for the B7?

Crasher
03-01-2012, 01:04 AM
It varies according to car spec.

Tradewind25
03-01-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm sure there are variations due to the equipment fitted to different cars but surely there should be some base data available on the positioning of the various fuse boxes and the "standard" electrical items.
Previous cars of mine have had manuals with several pages of diagrams, covering the different model variants. I still believe this is essential info which should be available to all VW owners. Clearly this data MUST exist. Why can't we owners have access to it??

martin1810
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
If one of you can send me a good clear photo of the fuse box, I will try to put the information on my website for you to copy. I need a a good picture of the fuse box first and I haven't got a B7 handy. I think the drivers end dash box is the main one you are likely to need info on. Feel free to send me photo's of all of them if you want. Look at B6 fuse box info on my site, that will show you the sort of pics I need.

Crasher
03-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Tradewind, I have sent you my email so I can mail you the fuse layout but I need the cars reg, chassis or type number with engine code. It is an 18 page PDF.

Tradewind25
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Steve/Martin

That's very kind.
Unfortunately I'm still awaiting delivery of my B7 so am unable to provide any photos. (I was interested in this thread since I'm considering how a portable sat nav device could be wired in without having its power cable trailing across the dash.)

Hopefully someone else will be able to oblige.

Regards
Geoff

sj_4x4
05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
There are some spare fuses right in the middle of the board, from memory two are permanent live and two are switched, can't remember exactly as I wired my B2 in a few months ago now.

The channel that hosts the windscreen demister is easily accessible from the fuse box and makes a nice hiding place for wires to goto the middle of the windscreen.