PDA

View Full Version : Wow Rolling Road Shock

quattrodlo
25-10-2011, 08:42 PM
I thought i would book a session on a Dyno before having the new sports exhaust, intake and intercooler fitted with a view of doing a before and after comparison.

My BHP at the flywheel peaked at just 183 and the torque 200NM. The guys at Roger Clark motorsport were also a little puzzled taking in to account i am already running a decent remap.

I will remove and replace the diverter valve tomorrow with the upgraded version but can anyone offer any other suggestions as to why the readings are so low?

quattrodlo
26-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Good news! The diverter valve was split all over the place. I am now back to full boost with another Dyno Dynamics run booked for tomorrow.
I will post the new readings tomorrow. I wounder how much power i've been losing ??

darich
26-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Glad it's sorted....or at least on the way to being sorted!!

You may well find it feels like a new car with that sudden "increase" in power!

quattrodlo
27-10-2011, 11:32 PM
The Green solid line is my BHP before replacing the diverter valve (183.1bhp) and the dotted green line is the torque (190NM)

The grey dotted line at the top is the torque with a replacement upgraded diverter valve (330NM) and the grey solid line at the bottom is the BHP (250.1bhp)

Ignore the Orange line as i had my lights on!

To conclude... The damaged split diverter valve was allowing 67 horses to run away and a shed load of NM of torque.

My advise is if you are still running the original flimsy factory diverter valve then it may be worth an upgrade for around £55.00.