PDA

View Full Version : Exterior LED Lighting

darich
25-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi

I've got the bug for upgrading my lights to LEDs but I'm really struggling to find out exactly what I need and where to find it.
My car (2006 2.0Tfsi) has the canbus system so I need LEDs with resistors built in.

With some LEDs being different sizes (581, 382, 501 etc) and different colours for the same light (eg I've read that brake light led is better as a red one because if it's white, it shows through the red lens as pink). I've ordered several LEDs only to find they're the wrong size or don't have resistors and are no use to me.

So far I've replaced my side repeaters with orange LEDs - dead easy because they're not connected to the canbus system so no resistors required and the flashing isn't any faster.
I've got sidelights but need the resistors required are ordered and should arrive tomorrow. That allows them to be fitted.

I've got adaptive xenons so the headlamps are very white - I'm looking to "modernise" the rest of the lights to match.

Does anyone have a definitive list/guide of what bulb is required for each fitting and where to get it?

I need pretty much everything else.......
indicators (front and rear)
fogs(rear)
Spotlights (front but would omit if a nightmare to fit)
reversing
number plate

Ideally, they'll have resistors built in to save me using scotchloks or soldering. Keeps it simple if I can avoid that.

Thanks in advance
Dave