PDA

View Full Version : VAG-COM v409.1 + "Dumb" I/F

AutoTDI
20-07-2007, 09:50 PM
I have recently purchased a "Dumb" OBDII Interface and have been trying it out with VAG-COM v409.1 Shareware. It seems to work OK on my 97 A4 1.9TDI, within the limitations (of which there are many) of the unregistered software. I am thinking of paying the $99 registration fee, but am unsure of how much the capability will be enhanced. One concern is that Ross-Tech say that modules which can't be accessed with the "free" version will stay that way in the registered version. One function I am particularly interested in is the re-setting of the service indicator. Does anyone know if this can be done with v409.1? I get the impression that the "shareware" is very, very rudimentary and is just about sufficient to check the interfacing and computer set-up operates OK.

Lex Luthor
20-07-2007, 10:08 PM
One function I am particularly interested in is the re-setting of the service indicator. Does anyone know if this can be done with v409.1?

The registered version will do that.

AutoTDI
22-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi Lex Luthor

Thanks for info.
I have discovered that this function is accessible in the "free" version, although I haven't attempted to change any settings yet. The stored mileage settings seem to be out by a factor of 10; ie reading 100's of km, rather than 1000's. Also, days seem to be actual days, rather than 10's. Also, playing around with the program a bit more, I have discovered a lot more useful parameters available. The only fault code reported relates to the door locking system which is exceeding its spec time and VAG-COM has suggested an air leak, which seems like an intelligent diagnosis, so I'm quite impressed.

devon
26-11-2007, 09:58 PM
hi im looking to find a site so i can down load soft ware to read fault codes for my vw transporter 25 tdi van can any body help :1zhelp:

Crasher
26-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Devon, buy VAG-COM- a proper registered and not blagged version.

onzarob
11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
hi im looking to find a site so i can down load soft ware to read fault codes for my vw transporter 25 tdi van can any body help :1zhelp:

www.ross-tech.com (http://www.ross-tech.com) you can but a cable from eshrules on here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9164

HTH...

devon
11-12-2007, 10:20 PM
:Dhi to all and thank you for all your replys i have now had my van sorted and do not reqiure soft ware