PDA

View Full Version : Question New Audi delivered this coming Saturday

JRW1979
20-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Morning all,

After lots of searching for an S-Line A4 Diesel I ended up purchasing an 09 SE model. Luckily it's fully loaded with Nav, iPod, Bluetooth, Auto box etc etc

I take delivery on Saturday morning and although I'm gutted I couldnt find the right S-Line I wondering if it's worth doing any work to make it look a little more sporty.

Can anyone recommend anything to get it closer to looking like an S-Line without spending a huge amount?

Jamie

Hippogriff
20-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I think it might be the case that the most obvious thing to make it look like an S line (the LED DRLs) are deliberately expensive, so as to avoid people doing just that. With those pretty obvious yellow DRLs, it'll always look like an SE, even if you put extra little badges on it and what-not. With those white LED DRLs, it'd look like an S line, even if it didn't have the other bells and whistles.

I think I'd just try to be happy with it. Some people choose the SE 'cos that's what they want, i.e. they don't actually like the S line. I'd intentionally become one of those folk. From the inside, if you have it loaded up with several good toys, then the only thing you'll miss is the real nice steering wheel and seat differences, really. As you don't see things like the scuff plates and outer badges etc.. Just my 2p.

JRW1979
20-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks Hippo - this is EXACTLY the response I was looking for.

Like I said before I was desperate for an S-Line because of the styling but in the end the interior spec was never good enough.

I found the SE model and didnt even realise it wasn't an S-Line to start with. Becuase it's an 09 and the S-Line's I could afford were 07's the spec on my SE ****** all over it.

At the end of the day I spend my time sat looking at the dashboard, not sitting outside admiring the wheels.

thanks for the reply mate

kodkod.84
20-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I had a B7 SE before the current s-line, not out of choice but because s-lines weren't on the company car list. To make it look a little bit racy I added bigger wheels on order and swapped the gearknob to an s-line one but that was about it :)

I think with the B8 the external differences can be hard to spot from a distance apart from the DRLs like Hippogriff mentioned- in fact I saw a Dutch A4 with the LEDs and I thought it was an s-line till it overtook me and I saw it was an SE. I'm not sure if the grille looks that much different on the B8 like it does on the B7 and there is no s-line badge anymore as an immediate indicator.

Sounds like you got a fully kitted car though- the nav would be worth it for me, even just to get the MMI controls near the gearstick as that area looks a bit sparse without them.

J_B204
20-10-2011, 10:56 PM
As you can see by my sig I went for the SE - mostly because of the TECNIK pack equipment - after all when you are sitting in the car you aren't looking at it ;)

I think you'll enjoy it more because of all the extra equipment than having fancy DRLs - besides if you are worried that people will notice it is not an S-Line then just turn off the standard DRLS - then only spotters will know it isn't a SLine :)

Enjoy it - I know I do! (In fact just completed a 500 mile journey and loved every minute of it) - even got nigh on 50mpg (manual 170ps diesel quattro with 6500 miles)