PDA

View Full Version : Now on my 2nd CC

reprosteve
18-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi
I've just signed for my 2nd cc replacing my black 170 gt manual with a white 170 gt bluemotion dsg.
Steve

Scooby-Doo
20-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Is that it ?? How many miles,problems,mpg,tyres ??????????? Just interested.

reprosteve
20-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi

I'm just waiting for them to transfer my plate over. Thats in the hands of Swansea and last time it was 12 days :zx11: Then I can get some pics up.
Its a demonstrator just the standard GT. I toying with having the MDI fitted.

Steve

MisterB
21-10-2011, 04:56 PM
any extras ? Park-Assist / camera / MDI ...
It'll take Swansea ages to sort your plate out --- it's all blurred

reprosteve
21-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi
No extras i still fancy the mdi but £230 errrrr no thanks. I've. Of got 1 now so will not miss it.
Mind you I might miss the rns510 I have now. I have checked and the rns315 does 7 digit postcode
and works on the mfd. i do gain cruse control. As far as Swansea goes god knows when that will be back.
Steve

vwolf
23-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Good to hear, you must like them.

Can you not get the plate transfer done at your nearest/local DVLA office? Sorted my dads out there and then (though I did have to queue for ~20 minutes)

srisport
07-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi
I've just signed for my 2nd cc replacing my black 170 gt manual with a white 170 gt bluemotion dsg.
Steve

Hi All,

Are there any noticable differences between the 2 different car engines listed above?

I only ask because ive spoken to one VW Dealer who tell me that they never made a 170 Bluemotion and that these were registered wrongly??

Maybe you could tell me otherwise? and is there anything i could check on the vehicle which will confirm which engine it has? (140 or 170 )

Regards, Mike.

vwolf
08-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi All,

Are there any noticable differences between the 2 different car engines listed above?

I only ask because ive spoken to one VW Dealer who tell me that they never made a 170 Bluemotion and that these were registered wrongly??

Maybe you could tell me otherwise? and is there anything i could check on the vehicle which will confirm which engine it has? (140 or 170 )

Regards, Mike.

Your dealer is talking tripe - there are plenty of 170 BM's around (DSG and manual box). There should be a sticker on the driver's door recess which will say either 170PS or 125KW. Also there is usually a copy of the vehicle data sticker under the boot carpet next to the spare wheel well. Look out for "CFG B" about half way down on the label. The label should also have "BMT" (might read something like "SPBMT", depending on the gearbox) if it has Bluemotion.

srisport
08-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Your dealer is talking tripe - there are plenty of 170 BM's around (DSG and manual box). There should be a sticker on the driver's door recess which will say either 170PS or 125KW. Also there is usually a copy of the vehicle data sticker under the boot carpet next to the spare wheel well. Look out for "CFG B" about half way down on the label. The label should also have "BMT" (might read something like "SPBMT", depending on the gearbox) if it has Bluemotion.

Cheers mate, I thought the same as ive seen alot for sale recently.

vwolf
08-04-2012, 04:17 PM
No problem. Let us know how you get on.

When I tried the 140 v 170, there did _seem_ to be a lot more "oompf" in the 170, but that's probably because I knew what I was driving. If you can, try a 140 and 170 blind, and see which one you think is more powerful. You may be surprised ;)

srisport
08-04-2012, 08:07 PM
No problem. Let us know how you get on.

When I tried the 140 v 170, there did _seem_ to be a lot more "oompf" in the 170, but that's probably because I knew what I was driving. If you can, try a 140 and 170 blind, and see which one you think is more powerful. You may be surprised ;)

Yeah might do that actually :)

Just read abit on this Bluemotion technology and looks like the gear ratios are different between the normal 170 GT and the 170 Bluemotion?!?
Have you had chance to test drive both types? would you think there would be much difference performance wise??

vwolf
08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
To be honest I've only ever driven a 170 Bluemotion so couldn't offer any comparisons. If I recall the 5th/6th gears have slightly wider gear ratios so you probably consume next to nothing at motorway cruising. Also the car does seem overly keen to get into the higher gears at lower speeds if using a DSG in D mode.

A lot of derv VAG owners remove/bypass the DPF (a key element of bluemotion.. and a headache to some owners) which improves performance. It is unclear what if any effect it has on fuel consumption.

srisport
08-04-2012, 10:02 PM
To be honest I've only ever driven a 170 Bluemotion so couldn't offer any comparisons. If I recall the 5th/6th gears have slightly wider gear ratios so you probably consume next to nothing at motorway cruising. Also the car does seem overly keen to get into the higher gears at lower speeds if using a DSG in D mode.

A lot of derv VAG owners remove/bypass the DPF (a key element of bluemotion.. and a headache to some owners) which improves performance. It is unclear what if any effect it has on fuel consumption.

Ah i see, well hopefully if i go to test drive one, they will have both in stock so i can get a better idea.
Ive also got a few contacts at a local VW garage who tell me of several ways to improve performance :biglaugh: