PDA

View Full Version : A7 Cabin Noises

soofsayer
17-10-2011, 02:02 PM
I thought I should post these issues I am having with my new A7 with 900 miles on the clock:

Had a drivers side door rattle / buzz - Audi had it for a day and said it was the door card, said it was resolved.

Couple of days later found I had a very loud buzzing noise from the HUD unit when the cabin was cold (v loud). It went away after about 20 minutes driving. Seemed to be coming from the plastic screen and housing area.

Car has also got the drivers side door rattle / buzz back when the cabin warms up.

Its back in Audi today. Engineer said the HUD is a sealed unit so if it is the HUD making the noise then it s a 3 day job plus ordering the part - yikes!

I have been told by a number of sources that Audi interiors are excellent, am I just having a bad experience or do any other forum members have similar experiences?

I hate rattles and buzzes in my cars, the door buzz is right next to my ear / shoulder so I cannot tune it out - the HUD buzz is so loud the stereo can't drown it out - makes the car undriveable IMHO.

It is ruining my Audi experience, car has been back now twice in as many weeks, I only hope the dealer gets it all sorted by tomorrow.

Any feedback most welcome....

SuperCharger28
17-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Audi should sort you out.

On another note can I have some pics of your A7? I absolutely LOVE them!

aurora7
17-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Well, funny you should mention it....

Yes, I have had cabin noises that have driven me completely NUTS. Fortunately my local Audi dealer and service department have been great, and have diligently worked away at addressing them, but in the first 3 months of having the A7 it was at the dealer for over 12 days in total (at one point for 8 days consecutively).

My worst noise (knocking, vibration) was from the passenger door trim, and unfortunately it only happened at temps below 19 deg c, so took ages to properly diagnose (because it was height of summer, and by the time the mechanic took it for a test drive the cabin had warmed up and the noise wouldn't replicate. The noise (at night) when the cabin was cool was so bad that I - like you - couldn't drown it out with the stereo. It was completely ruining my enjoyment of the car and I was ready to hand it back and even took legal advice on where I stood with a luxury car that (imho) wasn't fit for purpose due to its non luxury noises. However, the diagnosis of the temperature and (finally) the location meant they managed to fix it. (It actually sounded like it was coming from within the dash, so took a while to realise it was the door).

I haven't had the HUD noise yet, but I'm waiting for it, since one of the loan A7s I drove whilst they had my car in for a long time had a very bad and irritating HUD rattle.

I've also had a buzzing noise above my right ear (fixed), and several other trim vibrations (all fixed). Also a noisy & vibrating parcel shelf (fixed).

I also had horrendous wind noise on the left hand side of the car; at its worst it sounded as though someone had wound the window partly down and was blowing a hair dryer into the left hand cabin. That was fixed when they replaced all the seals on the left hand side of the car.

The relief when I finally got a noise free A7 was unbelievable. I have always loved every bit about the drive, the handling and the technology of the A7, but I have very serious concerns about whatever is happening on the manufacturing/quality control front to create an interior that is so prone to rattles and vibrations. I did hope that it was just my car, but the loan A7 (and actually the loan A6 that I also drove) did make me suspect that this is a wider issue. I just hope that Audi are noting these concerns and making appropriate adjustments regarding the quality of the trim and fittings etc. The problem is that it all *looks* perfect and solid, but it isn't.

I've had a relatively trouble free months, but am just beginning to notice a few new trim vibrations creep in (centre console mainly) so I hope that I'm not in for round 2.

I would be very interested to hear of anyone else's experiences.

shabazmo
18-10-2011, 01:51 AM
I have had mine for 7 months and 9000 miles and no such problems yet. By the way, the windscreen has to come off to get at the HUD.

soofsayer
18-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the posts chaps (I am assuming chaps?) or will germaine greer have something to say...:aargh4:

Update:

Called the dealer a little earlier. The service rep said the door noise has been diagnosed to a 'poor' plastic weld on one of the plastic layers in the door panel which has now been fixed.

The HUD noise has apparently been caused by the plastic housing above the HUD screen and the trim on the dash vibrating against each other - which is not far off what I thought when it was happening both in terms of location of the sound and the noise itself. This has also apparently been fixed.

I should be picking it up again this afternoon when they have given the car another road test from cold. Fingers crossed.

I am doing a 300 mile round trip over Wed & Thurs so will post an update soon thereafter.

Thanks again for your posts, I will update in due course.

soofsayer
01-11-2011, 04:09 PM
So my audi dealer has fixed the noises from the drivers door and the HUD.

I now have a lesser, vibrating noise from the front passenger door area. It's not enough to bother about for now if I turn up the music.

Other than that I have now done 1700 miles in a month and love the car.

The service staff keep telling me that with new models they always get teething issues but I am going to speak to Audi UK about the issues to see what can be done.

Architex_mA8tey
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
did they say what they actually did to fix each of those issues? Im hoping they dont say that they stuffed a bit of foam into the gaps but actually fixed it properly!
Mine is on 5500 miles after 6 or 7 weeks :aargh4: and im getting the same 2 noises so will have to get it looked at. :(

soofsayer
04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi Architex,

Good question, here goes:

The HUD was 'fixed' by the engineer attaching a strip of foam between the HUD housing and the dashboard. It is almost not noticeable, and aesthetically doesn't bother me as you would need to peer into the driver's dash area from the outside and scrutinize carefully to notice it. Having said that, it is concerning that something like the vibration between the HUD housing and the dashboard has not been picked up in the factory. It has resolved the problem (which only occurred during the first 10 minutes of driving the car before the cabin warmed up).

The door fix I can't tell without removing the side panels. The noise stopped when I put a little pressure on the panel area where the noise was coming from so it was clearly a vibration between two objects that were no longer stuck together, so the diagnosis of a plastic weld needing replacing made complete sense. This has not reoccurred (kiss of death!).

The latest noise from the front passenger door area is getting worse by the day and I suspect it will a similar problem to the driver's door.

It seems to me that on my car the panel fittings have lasted only a short time before failing, as there was no noise whatsoever in the car when I first got it, and the passenger side has developed from nothing over the last few hundred miles.

Will keep all updated.

soofsayer
19-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Latest update:

Car went in on Wednesday for passenger side buzz and rear knocking noise (new).

Went to collect the car yesterday afternoon (friday). Test drive with engineer found another noise! So far:

Passenger side buzz fixed - caused by loose chrome door trim on outside of car. Also found that the centre console above (where the reading lights are) driver and passenger was buzzing - fixed.

Knocking noise in back turned out to be a bolt (or two?) in the lock mechanism that had come loose and were rolling about in the back of the car somewhere.

The engineer agreed that it was rubbish that this sort of thing could happen. Everything was now fixed except......

On test drive found a creaking / knocking noise coming from the drivers A pillar where it meets the centre trim - happens going over bumps / cats eyes. So I decided Audi should keep the car to fix that one also.

Hopefully get it back Monday fixed. I'm kinda hoping there aren't many more panels that could need attention!

I've also asked the service bloke to put together a report of all the work on the car since I have had it, 2500 miles and three returns to the dealer for interior noise fixes is not good, so I will be getting on to Audi HQ once the car is sorted. Anyone had any luck with Audi customer care? LR gave me a free service after the RR had to go back 6 times in as many weeks, saved me £500!

Interesting note: Engineer told me that he had another A7 in the previous week with exactly the same drivers side door panel noise that I had originally and it was the same fault (plastic rivet failed), so he sent an advisory to Audi. If any A7 owners out there get a buzzing / ticking noise from the drivers door trim right next to your shoulder it will probably be the same thing!

Architex_mA8tey
24-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the update - mine is going in next week for -
> HUD buzzing/vibration when cold
> Nearside B Pillar trim around the the anchor to the seatbelt has fallen off twice when people pull on the seatbelt
> Sat nav screen sometimes judders on the way back in
> I have the DAB digital radio issue where it intermittently loses sound and comes on again several times in a minute and also it sometimes resets the whole MMI - there is a software update fix for this
> They tell me there is also a further software update they also need to do but I will find out more on Tuesday
> Sat nav voice has the oddest pronunciation I have ever seen on a sat nav and sometimes appears to be a lady from the north east (way-yay mon) - it says "Leen" instead of "Lane" and so on.

I have heard a door vibration once but it may have been something in the door pocket so I will monitor and see. I do agree with you though that its simply not good enough on a £50k car!

soofsayer
25-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi Arch,

Yikes, that's a list.

I got my car back on Wednesday (in for a week). Everything has been sorted. there is still a little knock from the drivers side A pillar when I go over big bumps or holes but not enough for to get concerned about so I'm happy with it. Noticed an intermittent buzzing on the front passenger door which seems to be the same plastic weld issue I had with the drivers door (it stops when you apply a little pressure to the trim). It hasn't happened at all today so I am hoping it was just a little one off...fingers crossed.

I asked my service rep at the dealership to put together a report so I could speak to Audi UK about the issues. When I picked up the car on Wednesday the service rep said that the dealership would give me my first service FOC and claim it back from Audi (apparently some dealerships can do this? Sytner?) for my troubles. That did the trick to be honest, it pays me back for the time, mileage and fuel for the 3 runs to the dealer with the car plus the many road tests etc. Very pleased a the moment.

Re yours:

> HUD buzzing/vibration when cold - FIXED on mine with felt between the HUD and dash.
> Nearside B Pillar trim around the the anchor to the seatbelt has fallen off twice when people pull on the seatbelt - Not had that.
> Sat nav screen sometimes judders on the way back in - Not had that.
> I have the DAB digital radio issue where it intermittently loses sound and comes on again several times in a minute and also it sometimes resets the whole MMI - there is a software update fix for this - I had the DAB go silent for a couple of seconds a few times, I believe this was due to the second receiver finding a better signal and switching - haven't noticed it for a while, maybe cured by software update done on the car recently.
> They tell me there is also a further software update they also need to do but I will find out more on Tuesday
> Sat nav voice has the oddest pronunciation I have ever seen on a sat nav and sometimes appears to be a lady from the north east (way-yay mon) - it says "Leen" instead of "Lane" and so on. - Cool - maybe she'll come up on the screen in a boob tube and mini skirt when the cabin drops below freezing !!!

I'd be interested to hear about how you get on. cheers.

Architex_mA8tey
03-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Well the car is back with me now after 3 days in the garage last week -

Felt has been applied as per yours so I will see if this has cured the buzz over the next few days

> Nearside B Pillar trim around the the anchor to the seatbelt has fallen off twice when people pull on the seatbelt
Removed and properly re-secured, or so they tell me!

They have totally replaced the screen with a new one, which seems to have cured the issue, but I have a number of scuff and marks on the silver parts of the dash trim which if they dont polish out then they will be asked to replace

> I have the DAB digital radio issue where it intermittently loses sound and comes on again several times in a minute and also it sometimes resets the whole MMI - there is a software update fix for this
Software fix applied and all seems much better so far

They have done a further software update and 2 further "advisory recalls". one was to do with a bracket securing a pipe under the car, the other meant nothing to me at all when he tried to explain it!

> Sat nav voice has the oddest pronunciation I have ever seen on a sat nav and sometimes appears to be a lady from the north east (way-yay mon) - it says "Leen" instead of "Lane" and so on.
They say that there is nothing they can do about this which is true from the garages point of view but Audi really need to sort it, sometimes it is unintelligible!

Watch this space! . . . .

soofsayer
03-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the update, interesting about the sat nav voice, I have voice off on the sat nav as the HUD does an excellent job of directing so I'll try it on for a bit and let you know if it is generic.

Since my last post the car has been in again, this time for the passenger side buzzing that I mentioned previously. It was in for 3 days. The original fix of the plastic weld was done but had not go rid of the buzz, according to the dealer, so they kept it longer. I dont know what else they did to fix it but after I picked the car up last night everything seems to be in order, and buzz-less!!!

Out of interest:

I was in a loan A7 with nearly 4k miles on the clock from the dealer for 3 days and did about 300 miles in it with no buzzing or other cabin noises, so it has reassured me. The loan car had a few extras, notably the luxury climate control, radar cruise control, rear camera, and the BOSE sound system (but missing the HUD, silly). I can't say they made any difference to my driving experience (radar cruise is a little helpful in average speed camera areas) so I'm glad I had the car to see for myself. When I plumped for the car I do have it was missing those options and having been a 'tick everything' kinda buyer of cars in the past I was a bit bothered initially, not now: The sound difference between the BOSE and the Audi system is negligible, and with 20" rims the road noise intrudes enough to make the option near pointless. Rear camera is nice but the standard graphical/sound parking sensor system is just as easy. Luxury climate control - only differences I could find was that you could control the rear independently, the temperature dials are digital and thats about it. Sure there must be more to it but that was the net user experience. Very happy with my car spec now I've tried the other bits. All IMHO.

aurora7
09-12-2011, 04:04 PM
>> Sat nav voice has the oddest pronunciation I have ever seen on a sat nav and sometimes appears to be a lady from the north east (way-yay mon) - it says "Leen" instead of "Lane" and so on.
They say that there is nothing they can do about this which is true from the garages point of view but Audi really need to sort it, sometimes it is unintelligible!

The sat nav voice pronunciation is just so weird isn't it. I noticed it when I was briefly trying to test the issues documented in the "A7 MMI Fun and Games" thread. I could live with Wales being pronounced "Weels" as I don't go there that often but "Wee" for Way, and "Leen" for "Lane" (both of which crop up fairly regularly in road names :-) ) was just too ridiculous.

Like others on here, I find the visual navigation aids quite enough thank goodness so don't have to put up with the spoken cues, but I wish Audi would take them seriously, it's such a daft thing.

aurora7
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Meanwhile, back to the other cabin noises.... thanks to everyone who has been posting their updates and also their fixes.

My latest noise sounds like it's coming from one of the parcel shelves at the back, or a badly aligned window. Something clunks and judders at the rear of the car every time I go over a small bump into the road. Anyone got any ideas?

soofsayer
11-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi Aurora,

I had a noise coming from the rear area of the car which turned out to be some fixing nuts that had come loose from the boot lock area, as I said to the Audi technician who told me this - "How the f^&k does that happen?". It only made a clunking type noise going over bumps, humps etc. Must be some torque issue when tightening in the factory. Wasn't aware of anything juddering.

Hope this helps.

Architex_mA8tey
20-12-2011, 07:03 PM
OK well my A7 has just spent another 5 days in the garage so time for more updates -

Felt has been applied as per yours so I will see if this has cured the buzz over the next few days.

They managed to finally get the symptoms to show on a test drive and have now fixed it with the application of more felt to keep adjacent trim layers from vibrating . . . or so they say lol sooo we shall see :dunno:

They have totally replaced the screen with a new one, which seems to have cured the issue, but I have a number of scuff and marks on the silver parts of the dash trim which if they dont polish out then they will be asked to replace it

This wasnt cured hence the car revisiting this time - they uninstalled the mechanism and re-installed it at Audi's request but it didnt cure the issue. Audi in Germany have now admitted there is a design issue with the mechanisms on the A7's folding screen and that they are working on a modified design for the complete thing which should be available by the end of Jan / beginning of Feb so the car will have to go back when its available for a swap to the revised version. In the mean-time they have applied some "specially supplied grease/oil" to the mechanism which is likely to help in the short term. It certainly seems better for now but I hope when they change it that it resolves this issue once and for all.

A further issue that I had was that whilst they were doing this work they appear to have scuffed the aluminium trim along the dash (not heavily but noticeable) and they have agreed that when they have sorted the replacement in Jan/Feb they will replace this trim at the same time to leave it as new.

A new issue also occurred in the last week which was that one of the LED's built into the front passenger door handle stopped working - which is a bit ridiculous when the car is only 3 months old. they looked into this and they said they have replaced the whole door handle under warranty as "the LED is part of the door handle and had to be replaced as a complete unit" :confused:

Tune in next week for the next exciting installment lol. . . .

Architex_mA8tey
08-01-2012, 11:06 AM
More updates *sigh*
Having had the n/s front door handle LED fail after 3 1/2 months, and the whole handle replaced because of it, the n/s rear door handle then also failed within a week of picking the car back up.
I also have had 2 instances where the filler cap cover has failed to easily open at the filling station which is pretty frustrating (what the heck is going on with fit and finish at Audi??)
The car duly went back into the garage last Thursday morning to fix the above. Audi then advised my local garage to replace all of the remaining door handles/ LED's on the remaining 3 doors rather than just the one that had failed. This meant that they kept the car in for another day. I then got a phone call advising me that the door handles that had been sent said "offside" or RH on 2 of them but were in fact still NS or LH ones inside the boxes, so would I like to keep my "hairdresser A5 Cabrio" loan car until Monday so that they could finish it when the right handles arrived lol.
As it transpired they got the handles on Saturday morning and finished the job in time for me to collect my car before they closed for the weekend, so all current jobs are now done apart from waiting for Audi in Germany to re-design the folding screen mechanism and replace the existing one. . . .
Tune in next week for the next exciting installment! . . . . . .

shabazmo
08-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the LED light. I have just checked mine, both inside handles and external handles and all are working after 10 months of ownership. Lucky me. The only fault I have is the Homelink which am still chasing audi.

soofsayer
18-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi All,

This A7 ownership has turned me into a moaning old git I feel.

Over xmas the car developed 'new' rattles, namely an intermittent loud buzzing noise coming from the passenger seatbelt tensioner trim area. So as sure as eggs is eggs I booked it in for someone to look at - today. But of course, on the test drive this morning the car was perfect, not a sound. The car has been with the dealer all day and they have not been able to identify the rattle/buzz so are not able to fix, they are going to try it again in the morning.

Interestingly they have put me in another A7, same age and mileage, and on the way home the dashboard started making a horrible noise, even without the HUD option fitted. As Architex questions, what the hell is going on with Audi quality control on these cars?

I rang Audi customer services last Thursday and got a call back yesterday. When I explained that the car had done less than 5000 miles and was on its 5th visit to the dealership for interior noises, I was reliably informed that Audi cannot guarantee every car is perfect, no sh*t sherlock. I explained that my concern was the ownership proposition of a dealership visit every 1000 miles was akin to some exotic Ferrari without the upside, plus question marks over the car's durability over the next couple of years based on the experience to date was not good.

We shall see.

soofsayer
20-01-2012, 10:36 AM
I collected the A7 from Harrogate Audi yesterday afternoon. They could not find the rattle that had been buzzing over christmas, but did take the car out a number of times over the 2 days to try and find it to no avail.

I've got to say I was suitably impressed with the dealership in that they have done everything they can to find the buzz, and had the car ready for me with a full tank of fuel when I went to collect it.

Hoping that this is the end of the matter.....

soofsayer
23-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Update:

Car is booked in for next week at the dealership. The rattle over Xmas has become pretty much constant so I feel confident I can demonstrate the problem to the techician this time.

Also with the warmer weather recently I have had a couple of very loud buzzing noises from the HUD which I am convinced is the plastic housing around the plastic perspex screen cover. When I put a finger on it I can feel the vibrating and the sound stops.

A new noise has come along which only seems to happen after about an hour of driving, buzzing from the area of the front passenger dashboard area where it meets the windscreen. I have a feeling it might be the aluminium strip that runs across that area, I hope so, otherwise it could be having the dash out. The noise is really bad, even my wife who thinks I am too highly tuned into rattles was quite alarmed by it on a trip the other day. The big problem is it only starts after at least an hour of driving, so how I get Audi to experience it will either be good luck or a lot of mileage on my otherwise much loved A7.

kennyh
24-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Surely it's not miles that brings it on, but perhaps a change in temperature as the cabin heats up; things expand ? So could you not try staying put and getting the heater on; then it might show up a lot sooner during your drive.

soofsayer
26-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, 2 months on and I got my A7 back from Audi after they had it in the dealership for, wait for it, A MONTH!

The problem was the front passenger door card making a right old racket at various times on journeys. It took some time to convince the technician there was a problem, but after an hour of a test drive it finally revealed itself to him and the problem was accepted. That was in March.

Dealer then ordered the replacement part and weeks went by without anything arriving.

I finally sent an email to the dealer early last week to formally reject the vehicle if it was not sorted by Thursday. On the Wednesday I got a call to say the part was in and it was fitted and all done.

So far so good....

From the conversations I have had with my dealership we believe that there is a problem with these door cards hence the very long delay in getting one in, so any other A7 users with buzzing doors, you read it here first!

Timothy Nathan
26-04-2012, 09:59 PM

jbanfie
04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Blimey,

I've just read this entire thread as I've just changed my A6 order to an A7 - saw one on the road and thought they looked rather good - anyway I have to say soofsayer has put up with a lot. A friend of mine put an early TVR Griffith through a hedge and it took them 6 months to fix it because they had never had to fix one like that before, we all thought that was fair enough, and it was his fault! But a month for a door card?

I guess I'm hoping that by mid June, when mine is built, these issues will have resolved and reside in an amusing (for others) tale on the internet.

Keep the stories coming, as it is all good reference material. I'm not sure my dealer has sold too many A7's if any, so sadly they may not have the hard won experience of fixing these problems.

Cheers

Jon

soofsayer
22-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi Jon et Al,

Dont worry about ordering the A7, it is a cracking car. I've just had mine in for its first service at 9,400 miles and it has come back even better. All the rattles and squeaks are gone now. It took 7 dealership visits and I've lost track of how many days they had the car...

Audi did give me a free service and a free meal out which I am yet to take, Le Manoir is kinda busy these days! Ha.

I went to the Le Mans 24 last weekend, it was brilliant. Audi had 4 cars and came 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th. the e-tron cars are something else, they sound like something out of a scifi movie, very quiet and stealthy. I couldn't help myself afterwards when walking past the the Audi hospitality building to say to one of the official big wigs "great job on winning Le Mans with all 4 cars, but why can't you make my A7 stop rattling?". He was not amused, strange that, for a German.

Celestyan
05-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Soofsayer,

I'm currently experiencing some EXTREMELY annoying noises fro the front passenger door that I suspect is the same as you described. I've had the car into the dealer once already but their "FIX" did nothing other than seemingly lessen the problem for a week and then it was back with a vengeance. Are you able to provide any more detail on what the issue was? I know you say "Door card" but what does that actually mean? Is that something within the door or are you referring to the Door trim? It sounds like some of trim is loose right at the bottom near where it lines up with the lower door jorm.

Is there any more info you can provide?

soofsayer
05-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Soofsayer,

I'm currently experiencing some EXTREMELY annoying noises fro the front passenger door that I suspect is the same as you described. I've had the car into the dealer once already but their "FIX" did nothing other than seemingly lessen the problem for a week and then it was back with a vengeance. Are you able to provide any more detail on what the issue was? I know you say "Door card" but what does that actually mean? Is that something within the door or are you referring to the Door trim? It sounds like some of trim is loose right at the bottom near where it lines up with the lower door jorm.

Is there any more info you can provide?

Hi Celestyan,

Sorry to hear about your cabin noises. The door card (and I am no expert, others on this forum will be able to post the detail) is the bit with the handles, leather etc that fixes to the car door metal bit, so to speak. It is clipped into this using plastic rivets from the factory. Effectively the card is everything you see on the door when you are in the car with the door closed.

If, as you describe, some of the door panel (card) appears to be loose then the problem could simply be that the plastic rivets in that area have failed or have not been applied correctly.

My first noise issue on the front door (drivers side in my case) was towards the rear of the door below the window. This was a crackling noise that was more or less consistent when going on any road that was not 100% perfect. It was down to a plastic rivet that had failed (broken) - when the technician did the fix of redoing the rivet the noise went away. Easy way to see if this is the fault is to apply some pressure to the area the noise is coming from when it is failing, if the noise goes away when the area is pressed in, it is likely this issue.

The second noise was towards the front of the door and seemed as though it was coming from the upper front corner trim where the door card meets the plastic housing for the window. (As it was on the drivers side it was near to the red alarm light position). The noise was more of a creaking /tapping sound that happened over every bump in the road. This required a new door card to be ordered from Germany and took many weeks to arrive. I never found out what the problem was that required a full door card replacement instead of an on-site fix. It seems likely that this part has been failing on a number of vehicles, hence the long delay on the new part arriving. Local Audi guys had the same opinion.

I hope this helps a little. The only bits of advice I would give you are:

1. If the noise is coming from inside a door panel and a rivet fix does not do the job then a new door card is the way to go, IMHO. The consensus is that some (not all) of the door cards are faulty.

2. Be persistent. I took my A7 in something like 7 times over 6 months for these issues before it was resolved. I had got to the stage of formally rejecting the vehicle just before the replacement door panel arrived to save the day and was starting to talk to the dealer about a refund or new vehicle. It gets very embarrassing going in all the time but it will pay off. The A7 is a great car when it doesn't rattle.

3. Keep amicable with the dealer :).

3. Get a case file opened with Audi UK customer services straight away if you are not happy. They will give you some freebies and having these problems on file with them will help you if any problems come back when the car is out of warranty or you want to trade it in.

I hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Soof.

craigyb
14-08-2012, 06:21 PM
My A7 has had several noise issues, rattle from right hand side of the dash, cured with some felt, much the same as others.

More annoyingly I have a high pitched whistle at speeds coming from the windows, so noticeable that people on the phone have asked what the noise was.

I also have the "leen" and "wee" issues with sat nav announcements. A bit pathetic as previous MMI 3G cars did not have this problem.

Also when counting down Motorway Junctions it says "1 mile" at the 1 mile marker and "1 mile" at the 1/2 mile marker, Audi can't fix this.