PDA

View Full Version : a4 tdi bleeding the fuel system HELP

sim2101
20-07-2007, 12:11 PM
i really need some help. I have a 1997 P a4 tdi 110bhp and i broke down in it as it was emitting loads of white smoke and found that there was water in the fuel tank!!! Having drained the fuel system and replaced with nice clean diesel it dosent seem to start!!!! it cranks over fine but wont fire. i loosened the injectors and it spits from them fine one minute and not the next. What am i doing wrong as last time i did this i couldnt get it strated and had to take it to audi and they got it strated straight away so what did they do????
That im not doing Please Please Help

Crasher
20-07-2007, 01:43 PM
A swine to get going in situations like this. I spray a little brake cleaner into the air cleaner (into the air box before the filter, not after, so just pull off the duct hose) to get them running, keeping spaying a little to keep it going until they self bleed. Don't spray too much in though or the engine will rev away, rattle like hell and could suffer runaway if it pulls some oil out of the intercooler. Diesel runaway is near impossible to stop and the engine could fragment. My local dealer had a 2L 16v TDI in the other day where half the engine was lying in the sound absorber after a runaway.