PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Judder

e6m6a6
12-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi all
Octavia 07 vRS 2.0tdi PD
Iv only owned my octavia for about 3 weeks now and i think its brill although it has been to the garage once already due to gerabox issues.

Changing from gear to gear it would feel clunky and unrefined so skoda advised me to change the oil, its been changed today and there has been major improvement and even the mechanic said the oil that came out was the worst he has seen in a while.

Now having driving the car round town at low speed i keep getting clutch judder but only changing from 3rd to 4th (it was doing this before the oil change) when i do change the car is not low on revs so im not putting any load on clutch, it only does it for a spilt second but its annoying

Any suggestions? the car is still under warranty from skoda but i did get the oil changed at a local garage as i refuse to pay £160 for labour alone.

e6m6a6
21-10-2011, 10:02 PM
No one knows then? lol

Ok being skoda, yes DMF has gone...joy of joys, only done bloody 52k

Brycie
21-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Gutted! 52k aint a lot of mileage for the dmf to have gone. I guess the previous owner was maybe mistreating/misusing the clutch before you got it. What's the bill like? I take it you'll be putting new clutch in at the same time?

e6m6a6
21-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Well this is where the plot thickens...i have 1 years warranty, when i took the car to skoda the mechanic came out with me, drove it himself and confirmed yes the DMf is starting to go but they will not replace it yet as it is within tolerances

I dont care its bloody broken in my eyes, been on the phone to skoda customer services and it is being investigated. So now i have a broken car after a month of ownership and theres sweet FA i can do but wait for it to break some more :/

e6m6a6
21-10-2011, 10:23 PM
still a great car may i add, just a spanner of a previous owner :zx11:

Brycie
21-10-2011, 10:35 PM
That's the frustrating thing, we're at the mercy of dealers giving honest opinions & not trying to string us along unti after the warranty is up. Then again I'm not that experienced dealing with dealerships, so maybe some other forum members will be along to offer some little gems of advice on how to tackle them. Good luck with it anyway.

e6m6a6
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
That's the frustrating thing, we're at the mercy of dealers giving honest opinions & not trying to string us along unti after the warranty is up. Then again I'm not that experienced dealing with dealerships, so maybe some other forum members will be along to offer some little gems of advice on how to tackle them. Good luck with it anyway.

All sorted :) got myself on the phone to Skoda UK helpline thing, they have made a record of it and got the managing director of DM Keith Skoda to ring me and tell me he aware of the situation and as soon it is with tolerances there will be no question