PDA

View Full Version : Help - urgent advice please. Part not available for 3 weeks!

hc25036
20-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi - there's a previous thread about my wheel bearing and it's now gone pear-shaped! It seems there's not a replacement at a dealer anywhere in the UK and VW can't supply one until August 15th! VW tell me the car is undriveable...

This is a warrant repair and I can't manage without a (large) car for 3 weeks. Any advice about what I can request (not compensation - I just need a car!). Thanks guys....

Sam
20-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Ask for a replacement car from them - if they say no, ask VWUK what they suggest you do.

Contact details for VWHQ are in this thread

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8197

colb666
20-07-2007, 12:08 PM
My daughter just had problems with her Bora tdi highline getting a front wheel bearing replaced...part on back order but local Arnold Clark VW dealership gave her a courtesy car and the part arrived within the week....pretty poor tho for a mainstream car wheel bearing to be on back order,car was off the road for a full week.

Can't the dealer fit a non VW part? most bearings are made by the same companies to the same spec and the only thing different is the packaging.

passat170
20-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Hello,
Suggest you ask the dealer to fit a non-VW sourced wheel bearing which they should be able to obtain quite quickly (and at very little cost).
It it the dealer who has an obligation to fix this for you not the manufacturer (as I recently learned through talking to trading standards about my Passat cruise control problem).
Cheers,
J

brickit
27-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Your old bearing will have a tokin number on it, it is unique to that bearing.Goto a trade supplier and get a pair for about £10. That is who will supply vag, only difference is a fancy box !!!