PDA

View Full Version : Jetta Service

Lab Rat
11-10-2011, 04:37 PM
2007 Jetta, 2.0TDI DSG. I bought this car last year and as it now has 60,000 on the clock and it is due a service. It was previously a hire car so am guessing it has been maintained but not sure to what standard. I intend to have a full service done but have been told that i also need the DSG oil/filter changing and the cambelt changing. Does this sound right? I have been browsing and understand that cambelts on diesels last longer. If it needs changing then so be it but money is tight so want to keep it as cheap as possible.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

nc7503
14-10-2011, 10:37 PM
affraid yes to all what you have asked and dont forget to get your water pump changed aswell. cambelts last 4 years or 80k whichever comes first. unlike frauds that last 10years or 120k )

Crasher
14-10-2011, 10:48 PM
The mileage intervals in the book for the cam belt are confusing and vary according to the build date. However the VAG recommendation is now every four years on a diesel no matter what and five years on a petrol. Today we changed the belt on a petrol engine I built 5 years ago and the belt was clearly starting to crack and would soon have failed.