PDA

View Full Version : A5 which one sline 180 or 211 quattro

Ian_H
09-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi all

Very close to moving up from b7 a4 to an a5.

Drove a 211 2.0 petrol quattro sport yesterday which went pretty well.
I've seen another a5 2.0 180 but has sline trim - and so has desirable daylight running lights.

They both have satnav and bluetooth phone - interested to hear the thoughts of the community of one versus the other?

Sline has quite a few more options like folding mirrors.

Cheers
Ian

robtt09
11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
My A4 has folding mirrors and would not want a car without them. Mt son's compant A5 has the 180 engine and he finds it fine. Does large motorway miles and goes far too fast but still manages mid to late 30mpg.

tlionhart
11-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I have the 180ps engine. I really like it and I'm glad I went for it. I was going to go for the 1.8 engine car but decided to invest a bit more money and go for a 2.0. I didn't have a budget for a car with quattro. So found the 180ps better than the 211 (none-quattro) car. There was far too much torque on the front wheels. However in your case your referring to the 211 quattro which is very good too. Just costs a tad more to run. (tyres, yearly tax) You also get servotronic steering as standard on 211 models, which in my opinion makes a HUGE difference to steering/handling. On the 180ps model it was an optional extra. (now its standard for the 2012 facelift, 1.8 model)

I absolutely love the folding door mirrors. Worth every penny in my opinion. My girlfriends views were 'they are a waste of money' but then she doesn't drive...yet :p
The A5 is a wider car, in car park spaces takes up most the bay. Also useful for them tight gates/traffic speed reducing bollards that love your wing mirrors. Ok the A5 goes through them no problem anyway, but its extra piece of reassurance.

Does the car also have front and rear sensors? This was a huge MUST for me as I was coming from a small car. (A3) and the A5 is the first big car I have owned. I really like them as its such a wide car, down on the left front wing, its a blindspot. The sensors really help. Also the SLINE lower spoiler/valance is quite low to the ground. So it helps not 'kiss' the kerb when parking.

I also suggest test driving both the 180ps, 211ps (none-quattro) and 211ps quattro to get a better understanding on the car and its handling.

Overall verdict...best car I have ever owned and I one happy customer. :)
If you struggle to find answers regarding the A5, then visit the A5 OC forums (a5 owners club) Not many A5 owners on here. :)

Ian_H
11-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the replies ... appreciated.

I picked up the 2.0 (211) TFSI Sport Quattro today.

Chuffed!!

tlionhart
12-10-2011, 01:24 PM
don't forget the piccies! :D

Ian_H
12-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Here's what I bought ...

A5 Link (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201136414012044/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-mileage/up_to_20000_miles/transmission/manual/body-type/coupe/price-from/10000/fuel-type/petrol/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/model/a5/make/audi/saved-search-id/2c92182b32c979d60132cb4e39930009/radius/100/postcode/hp79ar/page/1?logcode=p)

Peskypixel
12-10-2011, 08:46 PM
i was watching this one myself. do you mind if I ask how much you got off the asking price?

Ian_H
14-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Got £700 off.
Good deal if you ask me.
Spec is excellent for the money.

tlionhart
15-10-2011, 09:50 PM
NICE! :D
Its a great feeling when you get a new car!
I just noticed that you have also signed up to the A5 owners club. Wise choice. Great place to get specific help about the car and its features. The difference between this place and the owners club is I find more 'off topics' here more interesting then over there. Also a great community towards the VAG brand in general. So stick around on both :p

How are you finding the car?

Ian_H
16-10-2011, 07:54 AM
NICE! :D

How are you finding the car?

Loving it!!

Never had so many gadgets to play with :-)

Yesterday spent 5 minutes doing the speech training - when I try it out ... kids always try to spoil my commands with their own versions of course.
- Classic.

Handbrake is taking some getting used to !!
- and not sure if it's actually stuck on a couple of times.

I know it turns off automatically when pulling away, what about when pulling away in reverse?

Ian_H
16-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Handbrake is taking some getting used to !!
- and not sure if it's actually stuck on a couple of times.

I know it turns off automatically when pulling away, what about when pulling away in reverse?

Ok - my fault. This happened when moving car around on drive - of course brake won't release automatically if i haven't got my safety belt on!