PDA

View Full Version : Windows on door opening/closing.

vwolf
06-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi All

My old man just bought a new CC and got a corker for the money (I will post pics at some point). What an awesome car.. as a petrol head I am shocked at how quick the 170 derv lump is.

Anyway, he's asked me to ask you guys about the windows.. as you know the doors are frameless and the windows open/close slightly when the door is opened and closed. But in the winter, when the windows are frozen up (and you need to get in to start her up) if the windows open and they are frozen, isn't this going to cause damage? How do you get around this?

Thanks guysssss :confused:

kenney
06-10-2011, 08:45 PM
there has been no issues regarding the windows freezing in winter on the CC

vwolf
16-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the info.. reassuring :D

MisterB
21-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Not had a problem, yet, however there are a number of products you can use to help:
1) Glass polish such as RainX. This will also help stop the snow from sticking to the glass (apply to all windows)
I use this all the time on the windows. (have also got heated windscreen option)
2) A rubber seal lubricant such as Gummi Pflege - seen lots of recommendations for this with extreme conditions...
the glass can stick to the rbber in cold and hot.

Pirate983
23-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Not heard of anyone having a problem with the windows getting stuck when icy.

BTW - Nice tip MisterB. Gonna get myself some Rain X and slap it on the windows, especially the rear seeing as there's no wiper on the back. Yeehah!

reprosteve
24-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi
I've never had a problem with sticking windows, but just in case I set the remote just to open the drivers door.
Steve

vwolf
24-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi
I've never had a problem with sticking windows, but just in case I set the remote just to open the drivers door.
Steve

Thanks for that... I've read people do this but how? I don't see an option on the MFD. is it something the dealer or VAGCOM can set?

Gregmeister
25-10-2011, 01:02 PM
It's to do with which doors unlock on opening. If you have it set to unlock all the doors, then all the windows will wind down slightly :) it should be there as an option in the MFD, probably termed 'conveninece', then 'Doors' or something.

vwolf
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Finally figured out how to do this, must admit it's not very clear (or maybe it's because I'm stupid!?) :D

It's in the MFD, and it's under the "manual" door opening/closing (I forget the exact menu option, but think it's convenience -> doors) Set this to "Single door". This way, only the drivers window drops when you unlock the car via remote. Very useful in winter when you don't want all windows to drop and you only want to "de ice" the drivers door before opening it.