PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.0 TDI Engine issues

HighKite
19-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I have an 07 2.0TDI (140) saloon. Very nice car but last night I experinced a frightening engine problem. On accelerating away (normally) from a roundabout the engine over-revved to thje max on the rev counter and stayed there under its own will. There was a terrible noise and I though the engine was going to blow - a huge amount of smoke was emitted out of the exhaust. After taking the car out of gear and breaking the engine went into idle mode. After re-engaging gear and accelerating away (normally) the same happened again and the only way to stop the car was to take it our of gear.

After 24 hours of these events happening the car seems ok but it is going into my local Audi dealer for a check.

I was interested to know if any body else experienced this with their new or older Auidi A4 or the 2.0TDI (140 engine)??

HighKite

mastertech
19-07-2007, 07:47 PM
There are quite a few issues with 2.0 TDI--i suspect what your expiencing is due to the engine running on its own fuel contaminated oil. I suspect you have a faullty tandem fuel pump which is leaking diesel into the engine oil system-Check the oil level, I think you may find it very high and thin if this is the case get it into a dealer urgently ,preferably recovered as serious engine damage can occur resulting in a new engine

HighKite
27-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the comments. Sorry for not posing a relply earlier but all this came about just before I was due to go on holiday. I called Audi Assiatance after reading your reply and they came out immediately and took my car away on a transporter!! After a few days in the local Audi garage I was told that it needed a new engine and tandem pump which were duly fitted. I also found out from my local Audi dealer that they has come across this problem twice before and not long before they took my car in. The car seems ok now but I have not had a real chance to drive it any long distances and over the last 3 weeks it has been in a car park at Heathrow Airport.