PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam

chrisb1976
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi All,

I'd like to use Seafoam to clean carbon deposits in my A2 1.6 FSI engine. The seafoam website says

"Locate a vacuum line that you are certain DISTRIBUTES EVENLY TO ALL CYLINDERS. On many vehicles the easiest option is taking the vacuum line from your brake booster PCV."

Which hose should I use?

TIA.

MONIES_WORTH_83
22-02-2012, 02:55 AM
i dont think this forum is very good at all, and thats why no one has replied.
there should be a (or perhaps more than one) vacuum connection on the inlet manifold header (before it branches to 4, 1 for each cylinder). I think the centre most tap in is good, just remove the vac line thats on it and plug in your sea hose.

Brycie
22-02-2012, 03:25 AM
i dont think this forum is very good at all, and thats why no one has replied.
there should be a (or perhaps more than one) vacuum connection on the inlet manifold header (before it branches to 4, 1 for each cylinder). I think the centre most tap in is good, just remove the vac line thats on it and plug in your sea hose.

Monies Worth, I'm really disappointed you feel that way & said that. You're a member on this forum & have just helped a fellow forum member - therefore proving the value of the forum. I personally avoided a perfectly good turbo being replaced at the advice of a garage because the members on the forum advised me to check the pipes & intercooler and wouldn't you know it, it was a split intercooler. That saved me over £500 in just one thread. Remember the OP only posted this a few hours ago. I'm sure some of the more technically knowledgeable members would have been along before too long. I see you only joined recently, so please give it time & I'm sure you'll see that this forum is invaluable for just about everybody who needs help. It's also a good, friendly place where you can have a laugh & have some banter with other members.

chrisb1976
22-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Thank you for your reply. I'll take a look soon and give it a shot.

TimmyTim
18-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Look at some of the BG products off powerenhancers.co.uk site... Maybe the BG44 could help?