PDA

View Full Version : Question Intermittent unlock on passenger door central locking, any DIY checks?

nanoamp
02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi, My 2009 Golf Plus has started to have a problem with the central locking. It's reliable at locking all doors & boot, but when unlocking, it doesn't always release the front passenger door. No difference whether via remote or central locking switch on driver's door. Usually a few lock/unlock cycles on the driver's central locking switch will get it to release.

When it's locked, pulling the interior door handle clicks past a point of resistance (which would normally unlock it ready for a second pull), but that doesn't work either. Because of this, I suspect it's more likely to be mechanical than electrical. Is there anything anyone can suggest I should try before taking it to the dealer? I'm reasonably handy, but don't know my way around the innards of cars built much past 1990 :D

Is this a fault covered by warranty anyway? The car is 2 1/2 years old.

Ta for any advice!
Nick

CJJE
03-10-2011, 08:48 PM
If you bought your car new in the UK it presumably came with the 3 year warranty, so I would certainly take it back to your dealer for their attention before you dive in yourself. (If you see the fault when using interior release, then you seem to have ruled out problems with the battery in the remote key switch.)

Chris

Crasher
03-10-2011, 09:18 PM
A common fault, it will need a new door lock unit.

nanoamp
04-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. Will call the dealer.