PDA

View Full Version : Chickened Out

Passatier3
01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Despite what I've said on the forum about the looks of the B7, on Thursday I very nearly bought one!

On the road I still think they look a bit bland but close up they do look better, especially the estate which is what I'm interested in.

My B6 was booked in for an MOT and as you do I had a look at the new cars.

There was a 170 DSG Sport estate in blue which did look very nice and the salesman having clocked me asked if I wanted to take it for a drive.

I have to say that the finishes on the dash/console are better and with the sat nav unit and revised climate control layout it all feels a bit more upmarket and was a very nice place to be. One slight exception is the temperature and fuel gauges being moved into the speedo and rev counters. I'm a bit of a stickler for detail and didn't like that - would be better if the surrounds were black rather than silver or no surrounds at all and they would sit better with the clocks.

Very nice to drive and certainly a bit quieter.

Being the last day before the end of quarter and being as they had the car they came up with a cracking deal which would have only cost me another £30 a month. But as it meant finding £1500 when I've got a son at uni, just put new tyres on for the MOT and have the removeable tow-bar on mine which cost getting on for a grand I just couldn't go for it in the end, though I was very, very close.

Mines only done 36k. anyway and I've looked after it so I'm happy to keep it for a while longer yet. In fact I'm just giving it a wax now so that it still feels cherished!