PDA

View Full Version : RNS315 on stop for Sport models

deebo
30-09-2011, 10:40 AM
I have an order for my new company car in progress with Lex, it's a Passat Sport Saloon 140bhp TDI, in Candy White. I've just been informed that the RNS315 is no longer available in Sport trim, so I'm getting a free upgrade to the RNS510. However, DAB is not available with the RNS510. Not too happy about losing the DAB, though the upgraded Nav is a bonus. Has anyone else heard similar?

pauldoherty
30-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Very interesting.... I have a sport saloon 170bhp on order for around 1 month now - so far been given a delivery date of 12/12 but I do think this was a 'finger in the wind' estimate! I haven't heard anything about this issue, but I agree with you - an upgraded NAV would be good but I was looking forward to the DAB. I would have assumed that the 510 would have had DAB?

yuppyflyer
03-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Very interesting.... I have a sport saloon 170bhp on order for around 1 month now - so far been given a delivery date of 12/12 but I do think this was a 'finger in the wind' estimate! I haven't heard anything about this issue, but I agree with you - an upgraded NAV would be good but I was looking forward to the DAB. I would have assumed that the 510 would have had DAB?

I have had a Sport for 2weeks, went for the RNS510 which I confirm means you can't have DAB. OK thats a shame, but the touch screen 510 is absolutely fantastic, bear in mind it gives a heavily upgraded experience to the phone system, media / USB/ IPOD / SD / parking sensors and gives you a hard disc. Also plays DVD films when you are parked and kids are bored. It is quite a costly upgrade though and even more costly as they insisit you choose reverse camera too. (Reverse camera fitted but not working from new as Volkswagen are short of parts with no date for fix).