PDA

View Full Version : 1999 A4 1.9 TDi - Headight Range Adjustment Failed on Drivers side - And Headlight Flasher failed!

Tramline
26-09-2011, 09:06 AM
The drivers side headlight range adjuster has failed on the drivers side. The passenger headlight still moves up and down. I took the car to Lakeside Garage, Wraysbury who were servicing the car and they said it would nee a complete new headlamp assembly! I did hear that it could be fixed without such a costly repair but is that stuff of legend or true? If so can someone kindly advise how this range adjustment can be repaired on the drivers side.

Also, the Headlight flasher stalk fails to 'flash' the headlights - is this a fuse or something more sinister?

Grateful for any assistance, many thanks

Dan 80
29-09-2011, 08:06 AM
When you say headlight adjuster, do you mean it won't adjust electronically via the switch on the dash or it can't be adjusted manually under the bonnet? If Its the motor thats failed inside the headlight unit, these can be found in scrappies or you can buy new from the *******, without purchasing the full headlight. (Just dont tell the scrappies its from inside the light unit as they'll want to sell the full light unit only to you!)
?
As for headlight not flashing, i assume the main beam full on function works fine? Just doesnt when you pull the stalk forward to flash the lights? Possibly the stalk has some dirt inside or corroded contacts inside the switch. New stalks aren't too expensive. Unless you have cruise you can pick them up for less than a £10. Cruise stalks tend to go for a bit more.