PDA

View Full Version : £26 quote turned into £770

Rusk
24-09-2011, 12:59 PM
So at some point on my travels one of my front grills around the fog light has gone. Didn't feel anything hit me and didn't hear it fall off while driving. Went to Audi and they said they have had a few stolen so maybe mine was :zx11:

Anyway they said the new grill would be £26 and they would fit it for free as it is a 2 minute job. I was very pleased with this...when do you ever get something for that prices and free fitting out of a car dealer?!?!?

Took the car in and after 10 mins they said it was ready and sat down with the lady who looked a little sheepish. She then said they couldn't fit it as the little clips the grill fits to are missing and must have broken off when the grill went. The only option is a completely new grill :(. £770 for new bumper, paint job, fitting and re-fitting of front parking sensors.

So I am going to fix it myself!!! The grill is only £26 so worth try :) Has anyone tried this or know how I might get it fixed withough those missing clips? This also gives me the chance to get grills with the chrome surround...a force mod maybe :p

Eddo1968
30-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I had the same thing on my allroad in Portugal this summer. I drove into a flower pot and the fog light surround came off. At first it looked OK but then I realised that the clips were damaged and also that the bumper was slightly deformed. I ordered a new part from Audi in Faro for €35. When it arrived it didn't just click in place (suggesting that the whole bumper was more deformed than I thought), however I managed to wedge it in until it seemed secure. So far it has held so would suggest ordering the new part and trying to fit it yourself

tlionhart
15-10-2011, 10:07 PM
£770 for new bumper, paint job, fitting and re-fitting of front parking sensors.

Thought a job from audi would cost more than that. What dealer was this?