PDA

View Full Version : Question ESP warning light and Reverse Light Not Working!!! - Please Help

Rodders80
24-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi all,

Hi all I have recently purchased a Golf Plus 2.0 GT TDi. I bought the car as it had a bit of 'umph' as well as being practical and spacious (baby enroute!).

About 2 months after buying the car I had a dashboard warning light show up. It is a car with waving lines and also the ESP button has OFF illuminated on it, which will not turn on if pressed.

Also, My reverse light does not work, despite changing the bulb.

Can anyone help me? I don't wnat to go into a dealership and have them charge me £100.00 just for walking through the door and breathing the VW air!!

Many Thanks

Rodders :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

kevshek
25-09-2011, 01:31 AM
The ESP light is on which means the system is off, due to a fault, its possibly the abs pressure sensor or something along those lines but you need a diagnostic done to find out what. Mines not working either even though I fixed what I thought was knackered. Can't help with the reverse light, if not the bulb then check the wiring and maybe the reverse switch.

Lincs Vagcom
25-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Get your car scanned by someone with vcds. I would think that will find the fault with your ESP.