PDA

View Full Version : SatNav DVD update to V4?

Catster
18-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Has anyone taken delivery of a new vehicle with DVD SatNav since March 2007?
I collected my Passat on 1st March and the DVD is the "Digital Road Map Europe (V3)". On the back of the disc box is a sticker that says, in German and in English:
"Dear Customer
due to technical reasons the new DVD will be expected on 26.02.2007.
Replasement of these DVD over Volkswagen-dealer."
That would seem to suggest that I can get an updated DVD (V4?) when it is available. It would help me if I knew when V4 was introduced - I see that they (copies? are available on eBay.

carl s
18-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Don't have the answer sorry, but I would be interested if you find out if VW will give us the update, seeing as like you I bought my Passat this March so would be a bit p1ssed off if I have to buy the upgrade in the first year!

I'm especially interested in seeing if the latest version supports the second tuner being used for traffic routing as the unit has this capability and is switched on in other European countries by their DVDs.

I couldn't see any V4 DVD's on eBay though, might be my typing !

Froggy
19-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Be wary of copies of DVD Navi software, they often don't work correctly, and additionally make the unit work a lot harder that it should.

This can lead to premature failure of the Laser pickup, which will be expensive if it's out of warranty.

carl s
19-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Embarrisingly I've just checked my copy of the DVD and it turns out I do have version 4 after all - result !

I picked up my car new mid-March if that's any use to you Catster ?

Catster
19-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Embarrisingly I've just checked my copy of the DVD and it turns out I do have version 4 after all - result !

I picked up my car new mid-March if that's any use to you Catster ?
Thanks for that Carl - just the info I need. I spoke to my delivery dealer at the beginning of April with a couple of niggles and he said they were still working on V3! I'll get back to them pdq!

carl s
19-07-2007, 09:05 PM
My dealer was Windrush, Slough. They're quite a large dealer with Pheaton's etc. so I guess they have quite a high turnover of stock. I guess it's the dealer who puts the DVD in the car at delivery, not VW UK.

Catster
20-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Whatever, it looks as though I've got a result - they've said they will send me a V4 disc :D