PDA

View Full Version : Reversing camera not working?

yuppyflyer
16-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Got my new Passat Estate with RNS510 and reversing camera delivered today, but can't seem to figure out how to get the camera to display on the screen?

Expected it would come up when reverse selected, but I only get the parking sensors / car graphic and there don't appear to be any icons to switch the view.

As far as I can see the camera is in the boot lid.

Can anyone show me the error of my ways b4 I go to the dealer?

Thanks.

yuppyflyer
17-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Been to VW dealer today, they confirm camera should operate when reverse selected but does not. Camera is fitted. Apparently there have been some component shortages on parts needed for the reverse camera system to be linked to the Media system so the cars have shipped without them. Its booked in next Friday.

Passat Sport
19-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Been to VW dealer today, they confirm camera should operate when reverse selected but does not. Camera is fitted. Apparently there have been some component shortages on parts needed for the reverse camera system to be linked to the Media system so the cars have shipped without them. Its booked in next Friday.
That is one of the things that is really annoying me with VW. It would have been polite to inform you on delivery and ask if it was acceptable, not to just wait to see whether you complain about known faulty goods. According to NevGo the dealer instruction with TPMS display is to do nothing unless the customer notices.

yuppyflyer
23-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Been back to dealer today, they hooked up the computer and confirmed that all in software is OK for reversing camera, but something is not there for connection. Volkswagen do not have an answer/solution for them currently so it will be left as an open case and I will be contacted when something is forthcoming..............

No complaint about the dealer, and got nice free wash and valet even though only 1 week old. (you need this when paint colour is white!)

Just waiting to see how long an answer will be from VW.

Anybody else got reverse cam on a B7?