PDA

View Full Version : Things you didn't know...

NickH A4
16-09-2011, 08:58 AM
The other day I found out that the centre armrest actually slides back and forward and I also found a small switch by the cigarette lighter in the front which pops the ashtray out! :D

Now I know these are probably in the manual but has anyone else found out things about their Audi purely by chance which has made them smile? :biglaugh:

bruboy
16-09-2011, 10:14 AM
I discovered my old A3 had a cute little sunblind in front of the rear-view mirror - not a feature on the A4 though :(

Sam
16-09-2011, 11:26 AM
I discovered my old A3 had a cute little sunblind in front of the rear-view mirror - not a feature on the A4 though :(

That was to stop the map light reflecting in the rearview mirror ;)

bruboy
16-09-2011, 11:39 AM
That was to stop the map light reflecting in the rearview mirror ;)

...except it was in front of the mirror... as in next to the windscreen... clear as mud.

Hex69
16-09-2011, 12:22 PM
That's old hat, Passats has this, it was to stop the glare from the sun in the gap of the 2 main sunvisors.

Sam
16-09-2011, 12:24 PM
...except it was in front of the mirror... as in next to the windscreen... clear as mud.

It was to stop any glare from the maplight reflecting in the rear view mirror, making it easier for you to see behind you when a passenger was using the light.

SunnyBard
16-09-2011, 03:02 PM
The other day I found out that the centre armrest actually slides back and forward

I found that straight away, but it took me a few weeks to realise that after lifting it up, you could set it back to various angles, rather than just the "droop" setting it had arrived with ...

113brucey
16-09-2011, 05:55 PM
i had visor behind mirror on 2001 vw bora

pitch3110
16-09-2011, 09:35 PM
If you press the right hand SW wheel when in Nav she repeats last command.

Pitch

pitch3110
16-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Instead of going through the menu to change radio band, press the radio key and it scrolls through

Pitch

vince70
16-09-2011, 11:33 PM
I found there was a hidden compartment in the rear armrest on my old A4 also there is a slot under the dashboard to keep the service books in.

ScottyUK
17-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I read the manual before I got the car and then once I had it.

Sad I guess ..... but it does mean I've not been missing out on anything mentioned so far ;)

John140
17-09-2011, 10:01 AM
This was on the B7 version of the A4..

Little_Legs
19-09-2011, 01:13 PM
I found a sun-glasses storage compartment - next to the rear view mirror..

theskyfox
19-09-2011, 03:24 PM
The little phone button on the steering wheel. When I first got the car, the dealer said "Ignore that button...it isnt functional on this version of the car". I pressed it..and to my delight found out you could shout "Dial number" then shout the number (in overtly-clear english) a phone number and get it to dial by voice activation. Not bad for a feature that I wasnt expecting, hadnt asked for and had been told didnt exist! (on my car).

P.s. It seems to recognise profanity too..if you swear, it gives different responses such as "Pardon?!" instead of "Sorry"

-Andrew

Rusk
24-09-2011, 12:16 PM
The little phone button on the steering wheel. When I first got the car, the dealer said "Ignore that button...it isnt functional on this version of the car". I pressed it..and to my delight found out you could shout "Dial number" then shout the number (in overtly-clear english) a phone number and get it to dial by voice activation. Not bad for a feature that I wasnt expecting, hadnt asked for and had been told didnt exist! (on my car).

P.s. It seems to recognise profanity too..if you swear, it gives different responses such as "Pardon?!" instead of "Sorry"

-Andrew

Same thing for me when I bought my B7. Dealer said it doesn't so anything but after I bought the car I pressed it and it turned out that I had the full SDS. Could change CD and track and set the satnav with it :)