PDA

View Full Version : hello

grsait
10-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi i'm new on here but need some help in locating a replacement engine for my 1.8T A4.

tannerman
11-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi i am new too...i think the locals are a bit shy when new people come on board:confused: Have you tried ebay as thare is a large breakers yard that advertisers on there which has stock of quite alot of vw audis, i think your engine is quite a common powerplant which is used in many models so you should be ok, otherwise go on a search engine like findapart who will locate a powerplant for you.......good luck
Hi i'm new on here but need some help in locating a replacement engine for my 1.8T A4.

grsait
11-05-2006, 11:15 PM
thanks for the advice. found an engine at a breakers £1100 for a complete unit including turbo, starter motor, alternator pumps etc. Didnt think that was too bad a price.

tannerman
12-05-2006, 10:54 AM
sounds good... i had a look on ebay and they had a low mileage unit for a similar sort of price but that was bear, no turbo ecu nothing so that sounds like a fair price, more importantly you are back on the road:D
thanks for the advice. found an engine at a breakers £1100 for a complete unit including turbo, starter motor, alternator pumps etc. Didnt think that was too bad a price.