PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaargh! Dealer ordered the wrong colour!

BenR
13-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Been waiting 4 months for my new night blue SE estate and this morning I heard that the muppet dealer has gone and ordered black by mistake. My present B6 is the dark blue and I really had my mind set on the deeper inky blue for the B7. Delivery is late this week/early next.

I've got to live with this for four years - tell me I will come to like it! Apparently black is the most popular colour at the moment, Mrs BR will be happy because that was what she wanted me to order.

jimgironde
15-09-2011, 08:06 PM
negotiate a reduction of the purchase price because the dealer is in breach of contract. No doubt you have a copy of the contract specifying the olour you wanted. If you have to live with it for 4 years at least have enough to drown your sorrows every week!!

BenR
16-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Well, it arrived this morning. Can't say I'm crazy about the black, it looks like a hearse but the improvement in the car itself compensates a little.... wow! This is a much better car than the old B6; just a trip up the road tells me they've worked hard to modernise it and bring it up to executive car standards. Much better soundproofing, doors shut nicely, fantastic DAB radio and speakers, great driver info system, Bluetooth works seamlessly, engine feels very willing and smooth, lots of small details have been improved. It also comes with several extras as standard - seems to have fog lights, which I didn't specify. I haven't worked these out yet, are they fog lights or just daylight running lights?

As to the price we paid, the salesman made it clear that he feels we screwed an excellent deal out of him. Our purchasing Director's response? "That's my job. If you wanted the sale you had to be competitive. If you weren't, we'd have bought the car elsewhere".

My compensation for disappointment over the colour? A couple of bottles on Volkswagen branded wine - haven't opened it yet but I expect it's Blue Nun or Liebfraumilch rebranded!

christech
16-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Friend of mine had same with his freelander.
He refused it so they provided him with a brand new demo for nearly 3 months while his was reordered.
Had to swap it a few times to keep mileage down but worked out well in the end.

Crasher
17-09-2011, 12:41 PM
I would only have black anyway.

BenR
21-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Another disaster - some muppet has put a huge crescent-shaped scratch across one side of the bonnet; it looks as if somebody brushed over it with a handbag while squeezing past in the car park. I made an SOS call to the dealer and by a miracle they were able to polish out the scratch and now you can just about make out a little furrow in the lacquer.

General impressions after one week? It's a joy to drive apart from the irritating engine stop. The heater seems to take a long time to get warm and in less than a week the delivery-clean windscreen is already fogging up with that grey fog of plasticiser migrating from the trim. I guess that will reduce as the plastics age. There is an irritating rattle on rough roads coming from the band that secures the flexible curtain above the steering column to the plastic shroud. I hate the phone ring tone but can't see any way to change it. Can't understand what the Mobile Box button is for in the phonebook. I notice that it revs a lot lower than the old B6, which must be one reason why my fuel consumption is already considerably better than the B6.

bf47
09-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Mobile box is the speed dial assigned to access your voicemail. It appears you cannot assign another name for it as it is embedded in the system so just enter the phone number that gets your voice mail ie orange uk is 123. Voicemail as a description would have been better. My temp gauge takes ages to get to temp (b7 170 passat cc black) compared to my previous B6 Passat and agree about revs. Switch engine stop off with switch A in circle next to gearstick