PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought A Golf!!!

Penners
12-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi All

Just bought a Golf 2.0 TDi GT after a long time away from VW. Any hints, tips or advice on the car would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Penners

Keithuk
12-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Welcome to the forum Penners. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/KStanier/VWwelcome.gif

Just bought a Golf 2.0 TDi GT

Is that a new one or a used one as you don't say the year?

I will only ask this once? You will see that most regular users on here put there basic car spec in their signatures that just saves users asking what they drive when they talk about a specific problem?

HHGTTG
13-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi All

Just bought a Golf 2.0 TDi GT after a long time away from VW. Any hints, tips or advice on the car would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Penners

My only tip would be to read the manual supplied with your car, as it is amazing how many problems and question posed on car forums could be answered by reading the manual first!
However I did ask many question before I bought my MK6 to get the lie of the land, so to speak.

SC03OTT
13-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Nice purchase. Any pics? The tip above re. the manual is probably a good idea.

I will only ask this once?

Lol, is that really a question?

Keithuk
13-09-2011, 06:37 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/KStanier/offtopic.gif

Lol, is that really a question?

No that one is.

Penners
14-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Think I have managed to add a signature, soon see when this posts!

Penners
14-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Penners. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/KStanier/VWwelcome.gif

I will only ask this once? You will see that most regular users on here put there basic car spec in their signatures that just saves users asking what they drive when they talk about a specific problem?

Sig added mate, just noticed your from Stoke. I'm from Stoke too, anywhere local you can recommend for VW work. Its been a long time since I drove a VW, in fact that long I used WH Jervis, and they are long gone as VW independants!

Keithuk
14-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Sig added mate, just noticed your from Stoke. I'm from Stoke too, anywhere local you can recommend for VW work.

Well you could have added your location at the same time?

Yes used to use WH Jervis when I had my VW camper van.

I don't know that I can recommend anyone as I do my own repairs as I'm a motor vehicle technician at Stoke on Trent College.

You have now answered my question you bought a 2010 model.

I will send you a PM.

Penners
15-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Well you could have added your location at the same time?

Yes used to use WH Jervis when I had my VW camper van.

I don't know that I can recommend anyone as I do my own repairs as I'm a motor vehicle technician at Stoke on Trent College.

You have now answered my question you bought a 2010 model.

I will send you a PM.

Hi Keith, cant reply to your PM yet as I need 10 posts, will get there soon i'm sure! Without too much detail openly, but we aren't too far from you.

Gerryf
15-09-2011, 11:52 AM
All the best with your sporty Golf Penners :)