PDA

View Full Version : Coming home/ Leaving home lights

VeDubDan
12-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Quick question.......

I've messed about with lots of settings on the car but what ever I do I cannot make the headlights remain illuminated for a short period AFTER locking.

On my golf, unlock the car the headlights come on, after driving, get out the car, lock the car, the headlights remain lit for a period of time.

I cannot get my Passat to do the same thing. I unlock the car, headights on, lock the car, headlights off.

What am I missing?!?!

Passat Sport
12-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Lights need to be on Auto and enabled via the MFD

VeDubDan
12-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Yip , done that. No joy.

Just to confirm. When you get out of the car, lock the car, the lights remain on?

(if on auto and it's dark of course)

The Fingers
12-09-2011, 05:18 PM
mine are same as yours, lights remain on until i lock the car then all goes dark. Will stay on for the set time so long as i dont lock it.

johnloaderuk
12-09-2011, 07:21 PM
My first 2005 B6 Passat was as your Golf and worked completely automatically for both leaving/coming home. Then had a 2010 B6 Passat ,the leaving home was automatic, but the coming home was manual. To do this you have to turn the ignition off, pull the high beam stalk towards you, then get out and lock it, and the lights remain on for whatever time period you set. Perhaps the B7 is the same. I now have a Passat CC which is also manual for the coming home. From what I understand either your dealer (although they will say they can't) or someone you know with VCDS can alter this so it is automatic in all situations - but don't quote me on this. Why VW changed this I have no idea, as the earlier system worked perfectly as on the Golf.

yuppyflyer
16-09-2011, 09:39 PM
for coming home lights, once ignition key out of slot, but still sitting in car, pull your full beam stalk towards you for a couple of seconds, coming home lights then activated according to setting in the MFD and stay on when car is locked. Just tried it on mine a works perfect. Leaving home lights work automatically on unlocking car.

SunnyBard
16-09-2011, 09:54 PM
On my golf, unlock the car the headlights come on, after driving, get out the car, lock the car, the headlights remain lit for a period of time. I cannot get my Passat to do the same thing. What am I missing?!?!

Vader costume?

VeDubDan
26-09-2011, 11:51 AM
mine are same as yours, lights remain on until i lock the car then all goes dark. Will stay on for the set time so long as i dont lock it.

Fingers, can I just confirm. You take the keys out, out of the car, close the door, and the lights remain on until to actually lock it?

My lights turn straight off as soon as I take the key out of the ignition. As soon as it's pulled out, lights off.

yuppyflyer
26-09-2011, 01:01 PM
did you try pulling the light stalk towards you after you take the key out? That should put the lights back on with the key out and assuming its dark.

mickwillow
26-09-2011, 10:19 PM
did you try pulling the light stalk towards you after you take the key out? That should put the lights back on with the key out and assuming its dark.

My 2010 scirocco GT was the same, you had to pull the stalk to get the lights to go into leaving home mode,

But my old b6 sports would do it automatically !!!!

a guy on the scirocco forum had the vcd software and changed to long coding so it was like the old b6 :biglaugh: happy days

The Fingers
27-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Fingers, can I just confirm. You take the keys out, out of the car, close the door, and the lights remain on until to actually lock it?

My lights turn straight off as soon as I take the key out of the ignition. As soon as it's pulled out, lights off.

YES!!! Thats exactly what they do, stay lit until i lock then they go out. I know the exact spot now where the key will still lock at a distance.

As soon as i unlock front, rear and mirror puddles light up for 20 seconds (changed from std 10 secs)

Not played with the stalk yet to see if that changes anything.

You have to leave your light switch in Auto also i think.

Cheers

Phil

M88STR
21-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Another way to switch the lights on for "coming home" . . . onve you have pushed the ignition off and pulled your fob out, press the unlock key on the fob and all the lights will come on . . .a better way then pulling the stalk cos you can see the flash when you do that . . . . bad news is the lights still go out when you lock the car.

Hope this helps :-)

VeDubDan
23-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I can confirm pulling the full beam on for a second does make the lights come on when opening the drivers door. Not ideal, but it works

ian-f
27-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Here's what mind does;

'Coming home' mode...
Light sw on 'Auto'
Turn off ignition and remove key,
'flash' main beam,
lights come on for preset time (as set in the MFD),
lock car - lights stay on for remainder of duration.
'Leaving home' mode...
Light sw on 'auto'
unlock car,
lights come on for preset time (as set in the MFD),

Light sw on 'OFF' nothing works.