PDA

View Full Version : Emissions Warning Light is on

pld118
09-09-2011, 09:44 PM
My car was in at Audi you today and was MOT'd, which it passed.

The car was also dealt with for a recall relating to the plenum chamber, Code D151.

On driving the car home tonight, I noticed that the emissions warning light was continuously on. It had not been on when I delivered the car to the garage.

Could this have anything to do with recall work and/ or the MOT, given that emmissions form part of the MOT.

I've left a message with the garage.

Any ideas please... and what's the plenum chamber recall for?

pld118
12-09-2011, 09:13 PM
It was the inlet manifold. A new one was required at £341... covered under warranty thankfully...

wattsn
03-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Yep, we had this problem too. Told by the dealer it would not affect the car so drove with the light on for about 2 months. Then got fed up and concerned. Ended up having to have both manifold flaps replaced at a cost of £700 odd, unfortunately not under warranty.

However, now it is done we get no black smoke around exhaust bumper areas (was really bad before) and car feels way smoother and more responsive. Expensive, but worth it.

laurajayne87
16-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me please. I have an Audi Q7 2008 Quattro 3.0 Tdi. It has done 38,000 mile and was serviced 2000 mile ago. An Engine management light comes on intermittently, when the light is on it is solid amber, in the book it says it is the emissions warning light. It normally comes on once I have drove for 10-15 miles. I noticed last night that there was a little bit smoke once I had parked coming from behind the front bumper on left hand side of car where cat converter is.. The car sounds and drives normally. Does anybody know what the fault could be please? Many Thanks, Laura