PDA

View Full Version : Passat 2000 - 2003 advice

RobGoo
09-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi

Decided I want a Passat 130 Tdi sport estate as the next car as the running costs of the Audi S4 avant are crippling at 21 - 22mpg!

Tried searching on the net for info cos after having the xenon dipped lights on the S4, they are such a massive difference in the dark that it's on the wish-list on the Passat and reckoned that it's VAG that should be fairly common but Autotrader doesnt have many around where they specifically mention them. A friend said that he was sure it was standard equipment on all 2000+ passats. Is this right? Weird that a dealer would mention the folding front armrest on their ad and not the lights if that was the case :confused:

Thanks
Rob

Cooler Dude
01-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi,

I have a 2001 SE TDI 130 and there's no sign of any Xenon headlights!
I've just looked in the Factory Fitted Options Price List and they are NOT standard on any of the models in that year. (£825 extra incl VAT in 2001).

a6mother
09-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi

Decided I want a Passat 130 Tdi sport estate as the next car as the running costs of the Audi S4 avant are crippling at 21 - 22mpg!

Tried searching on the net for info cos after having the xenon dipped lights on the S4, they are such a massive difference in the dark that it's on the wish-list on the Passat and reckoned that it's VAG that should be fairly common but Autotrader doesnt have many around where they specifically mention them. A friend said that he was sure it was standard equipment on all 2000+ passats. Is this right? Weird that a dealer would mention the folding front armrest on their ad and not the lights if that was the case :confused:

Thanks
Rob

Hi, When I bought my a6 from a car supermarket the salesperson wasn't aware the car had xenon plus headlights and there was no mention of it on the option list...
It isn't a standard option on the A6 so I'd be impressed if it's on the later passats. Maybe look in car supermarkets or dealer used - higher spec passats like "highline" are most likely to have.